1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I must have missed the part where you bought the F type. It's definitely a cool looking car. Coupe or convertible? I was interested in the F type initially until I found out the coupe wouldn't be out for an extra year or so.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It wasn't 100% criticism. But I liked that AMG and M were totally different animals in the same segment. More choice and more fuel for debate

I like the Audi S5/RS5 because of it's perfect proportions. That 6 you posted is too long nosed and shark like for my taste. The 6GC, however, is a lot more balanced and more gorgeous IMO

3. Superfluous

Length = elegance. The 6 was designed with looks having highest priority, which is why it's very long, very wide, and very low.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

My point is, to me disproportionate is usually not beautiful. The 6 coupe doesn't look good to me, but get the proportions right - boom, 6GC - and suddenly you have something awesome

5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

In person the 6 is downright stunning. Low, wide.. what more do you want? The Audi, in contrast looks totally bloated. Just my opinion.

6. Superfluous

I don't think it's disproportionate.

[​IMG]

While the RS5 almost looks like a hatchback from the side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The AMG is better if you ask me, no stupid tech, just a big engine and 2/3 pedals.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Saw the new S class in the flesh today for the first time, wasn't disappointed.

9. horndog

horndog Senior member

C63 507 coupe >>>>>>>>>> either. In every way possible.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Fuck no. The C63 is hideous. In fact it may be one of the most ugly coupes out there. The amount of space between the top of the rear wheel arch and the bottom of the rear window frame is atrocious. The A/S/RS5 is bad enough but the C63 pushes it to another level.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The only really good looking C63 is the wagon.

Speaking of c classes the new looks good.

12. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Yeah I think the AMG wagon is fantastic because the extra weight over the back wheels makes it handle better. That's to say nothing of how absolutely ridiculous it is for a wagon to go so fast.

13. Superfluous

Wagons look silly. I'm assuming you're either a soccer mom or from europe if you have any interest in them.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I'm not a big Audi guy but I'd have no issue rockin' an RS4 Avant...

[​IMG]

I also happen to LOVE the FF because of its wagon-esque appearance (though I'm probably in the minority)...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Some wagons actually look better than the sedan version, like the BMW 5 actually looks better in the wagon version. If you don't agree, I'm assuming you're from the States :)

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Bought an E39 M5. Probably sell the E92. i love the M3 but i feel kinda stupid just clicking the DCT back and forth and zooming around, the capabilities of the car are amazing but there's a disconnect and I wish it were lighter, given it's size. i will experiment with the M5 and see how I like living with it. I am expecting near E92 M3-like power delivery except with a manual, and then the packaging that I'm used to in an older 5er with the traditional BMW interior. I see myself liking it a lot more than the M3 over the long term.
    Also, frankly i missed having a sunroof. :p

3 people like this.
  17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Wow didn't see that coming at all. Respect. Do whatever you want.

18. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Nice. What colour combo? Post some pics if you can! And I feel you re: DCT. While more spartan in nature, I almost preferred SMG to it but that might also have something to do with me preferring the old M3 to the new 5. Obviously 6-speed would rule all.

My day 3 update: steering is heavy and fantastic. One of the best things about the car.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The later and fast wagons rule, they are inconspicuous, blistering fast and you can carry 4 people a dog and all your crap.

A mate of mine just got a W212 E63S 4-matic, which is going in for a little 800hp tune up.

20. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

I love the FF

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014