Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. brianja

brianja Senior member

Easy answer in this case (as crazy as it sounds)... $$$

I run winter and summer tires here in NYC since this is a daily driver. When the car was delivered it was January and I had them put winter tires onto the OEM wheels.

I then asked the dealer for a quote on a second set of OEM wheels to put my summer tires on. $9k+. WOAH! I bargained them down to $7200, which is still comical for a cast wheel. For significantly less than that I could get a lighter, stronger, forged custom wheel with better (more aggressive) offsets in a finish of my choosing.

I went with a monoblock wheel in a design that's actually pretty close to what came from the factory. I'm saving weight and money!

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I also looked into getting another set of OEM wheels for mine (not a Porsche) and was quoted around $9-10k. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. Flake

Flake Senior member

Brianja

C4S is my favorite 991 flavor. Love the color choices including the wheels. Enjoy!

4. horndog

horndog Senior member

Brianja, fantastic choice for the interior color. I think it looks sublime. I was the one who posted the stuff about ADV1 and have no experience with them but just wanted to air out what I'd heard for GreenFrog's research sake. Glad they've worked out for you, they do indeed make some beautiful wheels.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Nice photos on the C4S, not feeling the ducktail though. Not so hot on the wheels, I think those particular wheels look better on an F430. I like the interior color.

6. brianja

brianja Senior member

Thanks! I waited quite a while for the C4S to be announced and I'm really happy with what they did on it (rear light strip, etc.).

Thanks. Love the interior myself. I even spec'd silver seat belts to match the silver interior trim.

[​IMG]

No problem on the ADV history lesson for GreenFrog. It's important that everyone go into a purchase with their eyes open! I've read through it all before myself and it was a tough choice to go with them vs. HRE.

This is why cars are so great... everyone has their own tastes and can make theirs their own! Porsche takes it to an extreme right from the factory.

The ducktail grows on you. When i first saw it on the C2S i wasn't in love with it and I HATED the revised front bumper that it comes with. After a few months I really warmed up to it and wound up ordering with it.

I think that the ducktail is particularly suited to the C4 because it works with the C4/C4S horizontal rear light strip and emphasizes the width of the car even more.

[​IMG]

It also differentiates the car a bit from the crowd and adds some interest.

[​IMG]

I'd love to see these on an f430, but I think it needs something with spokes that are closer together to go with it's sleeker lines. Maybe the ADV5.2.1SL or the ADV05.1SL. I think the wider, more even spoke spacing on these ADV5.01SL makes them seem a bit sturdier and makes them more suited to sit under that fat P-car rear end.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

We can be the WPM (white porsche mafia) :fistbump:

8. A Y

A Y Senior member

I love the ducktail. A friend just got a 991 C4S as well but with PDK. Apparently the 7MT will blip the engine for you on downshifts in Sport Plus mode.

I saw a 2002 Tii on the street just now:

[​IMG]

9. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

This is pretty but needs 15" Alpina wheels. Fast.

10. A Y

A Y Senior member

You don't like it, the small wheels?

11. Desi

Desi Senior member

There is a nice green one in a lot 10mins away from my place. New Jersey tags

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

These are the same wheels in a different finish, right?

[​IMG]

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I got coke splattered all over my car and I had to wipe it all off with a damp paper towel.

Something tells me that that was a noob detailing mistake (was in a huge rush and didn't want to address it tomorrow when it'd be all dried up).

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

enormous mistake, you'll see tomorrow

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

how should i have cleaned it off? maybe spray water all over it and just let the residual water dry off naturally?