• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not too dissimilar from the c5 or c6 really. I'm still not a fan of that rear end though, c5 remains king for me.

Has there ever been a vette that doesnt rattle and squeak you to death after 10k miles on the odo?

I rode in one a few years ago, what a bag of bolts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Has there ever been a vette that doesnt rattle and squeak you to death after 10k miles on the odo?

I rode in one a few years ago, what a bag of bolts.

You say the stupidest things.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Depends on what you'd consider too expensive. I have a 2001 (non m) and pay about 1500-2000 a year in maintenance and fixing stuff. Gas and insurance are very reasonable

Wow, you are either having bad luck with your car in particular or the mean time to failure for BMW components is longer than I have ever kept one!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May be on the slightly higher side, but that's pretty standard for an older BMW if you want to take care of it.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not too dissimilar from the c5 or c6 really. I'm still not a fan of that rear end though, c5 remains king for me.

I prefer the new ZR1.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, you are either having bad luck with your car in particular or the mean time to failure for BMW components is longer than I have ever kept one!

May be on the slightly higher side, but that's pretty standard for an older BMW if you want to take care of it.

Yeah, it's a 13 year old car and parts are starting to reach the end of their life. The biggest components are still in excellent working order with no issues (drivetrain, chassis and body, major electrical) but other stuff just wears out.

The main issue is cost of components - for instance the last major repairs I did were to replace the brakes (rotors, lines and pads) and the O2 sensor and a couple of other sensors that I forget which ones. Total repair bill was about a grand including labor, and I thought I got a deal considering what I thought it would cost.

With that said, I actually doubt that performing the same repairs on a Honda or Toyota would be much cheaper, but I am not well informed on those marques

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I love paying employee cost on parts.

You say the stupidest things.

You should see his posts in other threads :lol:

That vette looks like they stole too many cues off the italia.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thats a bad thing?

That is maybe the first American car I would happily drive as a European. Mind you, the cost of fuel would cripple me in under a mile.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The outgoing corvette is surprisingly fuel efficient as long as you do mostly highway driving. The V8 loafs around at low rpms at those speeds

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The outgoing corvette is surprisingly fuel efficient as long as you do mostly highway driving. The V8 loafs around at low rpms at those speeds

But apparently is a rattle trap after 9999 miles. :laugh:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends on what you'd consider too expensive. I have a 2001 (non m) and pay about 1500-2000 a year in maintenance and fixing stuff. Gas and insurance are very reasonable

That's about what I pay too for a 2000 E46 328Ci. This year's starting out expensive though as the oil pan gasket has finally died (143k miles), and that requires dropping the front subframe to replace a $35 part. The diff mounts are gone, too, but those will wait for another day. I do my own brakes, and that does save a lot of money. And then there are the neverending list of tempting mods ... the most recent one is swapping in the M54B30 manifold for the stock one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads