• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For Mrs. Piob? She's on her second ML, so GLK is smaller. The Q5 we looked at. Smaller than the ML, engine not as strong, and due to ****** residual value was actually nearly $400 a month more than the more expensive ML. The Q5 handled nice though and had a nice cockpit and electronics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Evoque drove well and has enough power for city driving, I read that it can also handle itself outdoors if needed but int he city, it has more than enough.

If you are not in a hurry, maybe wait for the Macan? Or just go for the Cayenne?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For Mrs. Piob? She's on her second ML, so GLK is smaller. The Q5 we looked at. Smaller than the ML, engine not as strong, and due to ****** residual value was actually nearly $400 a month more than the more expensive ML. The Q5 handled nice though and had a nice cockpit and electronics.

I had a loaner q5, was not a fan of the drive though the interior was great. It's enough power for most women drivers IMO

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen 17 335s and 9 M3s the last 4 days; so glad I got an S4. I think the RS5 is next, s4 will be my son's car in 2.5 years

mike1445

Reaction score
Piob, i know the brand doesn't necessarily have the same esteem but have you driven the new Touareg? same AWD system as the q7 and Cayenne. Test drove one for the hell of it while I had my car in service and was pretty impressed with the higher trim

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i found the touareg totally underpowered, it's very heavy

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen 17 335s and 9 M3s the last 4 days; so glad I got an S4. I think the RS5 is next, s4 will be my son's car in 2.5 years

I think how relatively common M3s are shouldn't take away from how absolutely marvelous the car is to drive. It's been the barometer of the proper entry level GT car since the E30 came out for a reason.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm a big Touareg fan, owned two before going in a different direction away from SUV's. my first one, a 2006, was overengineered and fitted with unexpected luxury/quality items in the similar kind of "wait, this is a ******* Volkswagen?!" that they did with the Phaeton. i'm not sure if they make them that way anymore, though, since VW seems to have moved away from that strategy

i do agree with kunk that the V6's are underpowered, but the V8's (which was the trim i owned) were absolutely fine, albeit abysmal on fuel economy. they don't make the V8 anymore, but the Hybrid appears to make similar torque numbers so it might provide a similar experience. do they still make the V10 TDI? that truck was a beast.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yes, the diesel is by far the best option.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think how relatively common M3s are shouldn't take away from how absolutely marvelous the car is to drive. It's been the barometer of the proper entry level GT car since the E30 came out for a reason.

I agree they are wonderful, but the s4 interior is my preference and I spend most of my time inside the cockpit. It also performs plenty well for my taste.

mike1445

Reaction score
I'm in a 2.0t passat, before that, an accord 4cyl...forgive me if I have **** perspective on power.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The problem with the VW is it's a VW. That means you do not get the free service loaner and you have to hang out with those vacuous women that drive Bugs when you get service done.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^yes, the diesel is by far the best option.

i went on vw.com and it looks like they only make a V6 TDI these days. 408 lb/ft is pretty damn good and definitely the best option for the 2013's. but it's too bad they don't offer the V10 TDI with it's 747-pulling 550 lb/ft (and absolutely-insane-for-a-diesel 10-15 mpg :lol: )

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in a touareg with less than a v8, you can die trying to merge into traffic

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

in a touareg with less than a v8, you can die trying to merge into traffic

See, that's what I like about both my GL and her ML. I'm doing 95 in the GL if I floor it and her ML still has you pushing 80.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads