Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Why did your warranty not cover things?

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Yep, we got the dynamic seats too, it's nice to have the feel of a sports seat in such a big car, you get a much better sense of how nimble the car really is. The only unfortunate aspect about them is my wife's settings make the seat way too tight for me and I don't think you can assign the dynamic settings to the individual seat memory.

What color is your 600? Any pics?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've never seen an S600 of any generation that wasn't black by majority, or otherwise, white, silver, navy, or champagne.

4. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Someone in my building bought one of these, its in 335is price range, is faster and is electric. Call me a hippie but if I had $70k lying around its this I'd buy.
    [​IMG]

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Those seats came in my new GL and sort of freaked me out the first time I felt my butt getting grabbed in a corner.

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

At what age did most of you buy your first luxury vehicle? I know it's relative but would like to get a general idea. I don't mean at what age did your parents buy you the benz or bmw, at what age did you use your own money to make the purchase.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

8. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Blows my mind that a 335 is 55k if you want decent options on it. Seems like a ripoff to me.

I did my first substantial car buy this past year at 28 (97 911 C2S). I wouldn't say it is a luxury car, though.

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I bought a 1996 E36 M3 at about 25, might have been 24, I don't recall. It was like a 7 year old car at the time.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I've seen a red 220. It wasn't pretty.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I agree completely about the dynamic seats, they're worth every penny.

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

13. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I bought a brand new Porsche Boxster when I was 25. I was making good money and didn't have any financial obligations besides rent for my downtown loft. Everyone thought I was a complete idiot, even though it wasn't all that much more money than a new chevy Tahoe or nice BMW 3 series. I was a total car nut, and most of my social and hobby interests involved cars, so it was very easy for me to justify the cost.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

There's a lot of truth to this post. Consider also that - in TX at least - inspections focus more on taillights and wiper blades than actual driving capability - because then the station can coerce you into replacing these things and mark them up accordingly. Other than that, preventative maintenance is a big-time Not Happening around these parts - partly due to the complexity of these cars - partly due to time/cost constraints, and partly because people figure they'll just trade it in on a new unit and let someone else take the hit for the 60k maintenance bill. Then they procrastinate and go 90K+ without doing the big service.

I will say that from what I've seen on the Mrs' wagon, Mercedes has a ridiculously-long maintenance schedule. And they're - most of the time - intuitively easy to work on. (I may amend this after changing out the spark plugs, though)

15. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

Its Black/Black, nimble as there is very little lean of the car in turns. The base setting of the bolsters on sides. thigh, shoulders can be set, but dont remember if they are retained in memory for dynamic.
    Just came back from a long lunch and drive, almost sad to get home and the massage ended.

Regards.

[​IMG]