• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
GreenFrog would like it.

mike1445

Reaction score
yeah that comment was a US perspective, maybe instead of "never warrant huge production" i should say "never warranted large US distribution". The US gets the RS' a bit later than over there if at all and definitely in fewer numbers. The RS5 or TTRS are the only newer ones I've seen in my area, not so much all sedans or avants.
frown.gif

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a similar one the other day. There must have be a track series somewhere locally as it also had NY plates. On my way to work today I saw a Continental GT, Flying spur and a Drophead Coupe. I also saw a SLS yesterday, that car just looks better and better every time is see it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ thinking street car

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's kind of notable that some of the more forward-thinking cars showing in Paris right now are wearing chrome/polished wheels, whereas the sure production cars that are intended for imminent release are still wearing the usual black/gunmetal etc wheels. I am glad black and gunmetal are going by the wayside.
I wonder if Porsche is really going to go through on the wagon? Besides the show car stuff on it, the technology seems very current and feasible. The front clip shows like a Panamera facelift/2nd gen. Other makers in the past have shown random concept wagons at shows though, and then chickened out and just made a normal sedan from them instead. The previous generation A8 was shown as a wagon when it was a concept way back in like, 1999:
Audi-Avantissimo_Concept_2001_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

Yes but this wagon is ugly and unbalanced. The sedan version of that A8 is so good.

Not sure how I feel about chrome wheels. My favorite wheel finish:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i tuned my a3 3.2 s-line and it had about the same output and a not dissimilar experience to the hatch s3 (hp/torque not wildy different). there is talk of the s3 sedan making it's way here in 2014 but don't expect more than a 270 4 banger. in 2014 allegedly, the s4/s5 losing 2 cylinders and gaining more titanium.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i tuned my a3 3.2 s-line and it had about the same output and a not dissimilar experience to the hatch s3 (hp/torque not wildy different). there is talk of the s3 sedan making it's way here in 2014 but don't expect more than a 270 4 banger. in 2014 allegedly, the s4/s5 losing 2 cylinders and gaining more titanium.

I really hope they do not make the S5 a turboed I4.

And yeah, instead of the 3door A3/S3, they are bringing in an A3/S3 sedan. I just hope it looks better than the 1series sedan/coupe.

mike1445

Reaction score
theyre switching the Q5 to the 3.0T so my guess is theyd use that if its being used in more models elsewhere

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah E34's have fairly large tanks. I had one when gas was only $1.50 a gallon in the US (thanks, world peace) and a normal fill up was still cresting $50 or more. It would be a nightmare at $10 a gallon (which gas costs where I live now too) - but seeing people drive around here in 10mpg cars is common though- can't say I know how it feels to spend a $1/mile on gas costs just yet.

Are you really suggesting that your car had a 33 gallon tank?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads