• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

why does Mclaren love that orange color?

It's so very 350Z. I wish they'd latch onto that national color thing and produce their cars in BRG. When you make cars in green you tend to make them more restrained and beautiful, look at Aston Martin and Jaguar.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

It's so very 350Z. I wish they'd latch onto that national color thing and produce their cars in BRG. When you make cars in green you tend to make them more restrained and beautiful, look at Aston Martin and Jaguar.

I was thinking black, because black is my default color, but BRG would be awesome.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems to me like on the Autobahn when it's quiet and the conditions are good, the cruising speed is around 160-170, with the occasional quicker people.

^ i'm curious what about normal cars on the autobahn? like my jetta sportwagen TDi? do people in normal cars go over 120mph on that highway? I personally would be scared going over 110mph in a hyundai sonata/toyota camry/nissan sentra.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking black, because black is my default color, but BRG would be awesome.

I wish I never bought a black car.... even in 50ºF it gets hot inside under the sun.

mike1445

Reaction score

^ i'm curious what about normal cars on the autobahn? like my jetta sportwagen TDi? do people in normal cars go over 120mph on that highway? I personally would be scared going over 110mph in a hyundai sonata/toyota camry/nissan sentra.

Seems to me like on the Autobahn when it's quiet and the conditions are good, the cruising speed is around 160-170, with the occasional quicker people.

I meant to say isnt 120mph the cruising speed, as in the slowest youd want to go. i think it jsut varies so much between what car a person has and how comfortable they are with it. Autobahn speeds and American highway speeds are two very different animals. I think autobahn drivers laugh at the idea of cup holders in the car, while americans are weaving across lanes because theyre eating McD's, texting or some dumb **** to pass the time 'til they reach their destination.

Driving cross country thru Kansas where speed limits are bumped up just a bit to 75, drivers were a lot better about leaving the fast lane open. They were comfortable at 65 but knew others would do 85 and so they'd pass on the left then get over as opposed to out east here where everyone does 85 in whatever lane provides more open space in front of them.

Last edited:

JuyLe

Reaction score

same really. I once drove from Berlin to Frankfurt and on the quickest part the quickest cars were jetta/golf/passat tdi. it's different trom time, day of the week and roads I guess but it seems to me like the cars that wagon cars are the ones which their owner drive the quickest.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

same really. I once drove from Berlin to Frankfurt and on the quickest part the quickest cars were jetta/golf/passat tdi. it's different trom time, day of the week and roads I guess but it seems to me like the cars that wagon cars are the ones which their owner drive the quickest.

These cars are often annoying - they feel like they are going really fast and would not even think about the fact that there are people who want to go faster than 220-230 kmph and thus block the road. They also often carry short-sleeved white shirts on plastic hangers with them :)

Also, there are way too many "teachers" and people full of social envy on the roads who make driving fast in Germany with a nice car less fun.

However once the autobahn is free to go it is big fun.

glundr

Reaction score

though british, Mclaren's traditional colour is orange. Papaya Orange to be specific as that was Bruce Mclaren's colour he ran on his racing cars

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Black cars get dirty looking so damn quick, if we are talking McLearn I would go with dark grey or sapphire black.

Sounds like sales people.

JuyLe

Reaction score
Exactly, like P-K-L said. It's the same in every country I guess, it's just that in Germany they speed legally. In my experience there is construction work every 30 minutes of driving anyway, but it does feel good to drive at the speed you want to drive without the knowledge that you could get caught and have to pay a big fine.

steak

Reaction score
Speaking of this I really miss my e34. I am looking for a new car in the next few month when I am employed again and was thinking about another E34 but with gas prices today I think I should just forget it, because I also want performance or at least fun, but 535 or 540s they feel like there's a hole in the tank and you haven't floored the pedal yet...
I don't really like E36 so much but I was thinking I would like a 318is from this era. Same performance as E30 but more comfortable and spacious (I prefer the design of the E30 by far though), better fuel consumption than 6cyl and better performance unless you go for a 325...
Something like this

i'm considering the same re: 318is, but can't seem to convince myself that a 15+ year old car is worth it considering i know f' all about cars. can't bring myself to buy something more 'economical' either, though.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, people drive fast everywhere - but people in America don't get any legitimate driver's training and start too early. That leads to a lot of bad driving and wild cards on the roads. Driving technique in America is directly a function of survival.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Sounds like sales people.

No, sales people usually drive an A4 or A6 and are among the fastest and most aggressive drivers. Whenever I'm in the left lane and see an Audi in the mirror I go right immediately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads