1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

Congrats on the M5. Put back the stock grill, buy yourself a nice set of wheels and sell those painted monstrosities and you've got yourself a keeper.

2. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

doublepost

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think you should troal these guys up here and fully murder it out :lol:

4. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

I know I talked shit about your zhp but I love that colour. I love the colour of teh M5 too. Not really into the black wheels but if you put a "hotwheels stripe" on them they will look pretty good. If not then join a M5 board and trade some young kid for his standard polished ones. The black kidneys need to stay put. Let me test drive it. Get rid of the tint.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Congrats, GF! Someone I knew at work had that M5, and in Interlagos, and I loved it. Inspired me to get an Interlagos car, too. I personally like the tint; do what you like, don't mind the haters. Have fun, be safe.

~ H

6. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

not hating, it wouldn't be SF if we didn't opine on aesthetics.. I'm with Drew on disliking the blue and black, I think hypersilver wheels would look fucking sharp but but cannot knock the car. enjoy GF

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Congrats on the M5, GF. Do not get any more tickets! And please do not get a custom plate like you had for the ZHP. Please.

8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

GF4U

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Grabbing drinks and food and heading to a slightly stoopid concert in a bit so I'll address everyone's comments tomorrow, but just wanted to drop this cold-start sound clip off.

Didn't rev it too much, for obvious reasons. Sounds best with headphones on!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15824594/Video Apr 13, 9 14 44 AM.mov

BTW, began searching for some wheels for my car and have some ideas but wanted to see if you guys had any recommendations. Will be interesting to see how all our tastes differ!

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

wheels? i gotcha on this

12. rocks

rocks Senior member

Lets get a better clip of that V10 revving.....that's the only good thing about that car anyway...:D

13. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

BBS RS LM would look good on it. But they're pretty expensive. 5 double spoke or mesh wheels usually look good on E60s.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

When you're done getting mere opinions just ask idfnl for the One True Answer (OTA).

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Sorry, didn't mean to imply. I also am not a huge fan of Interlagos over black. Sliver rocks with it.
    <sniff> I have a custom plate, sniff.

16. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

I like the wheels that are on it but in silver, [​IMG][​IMG]
    Vmr v710 or v703

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

:laugh: Please tell me it's more original than the model of your car and the year of your birth! I just always get a chuckle from personal plates that say things like, "RED M3" or "MY 300Z."

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

GF, thanks for the pics and update. I made my earlier post without realizing you had just posted what I had asked for.

I have a soft spot for M5's, and yours is no exception. Glad to hear you're looking for wheels, may I suggest the stock ones or what you already have on it, but in silver?

As I've posted before, you're gonna love this car. ENJOY!!!

19. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Yes! It is. I have some originality. Not much, but some.

1 person likes this.
  20. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I am a fan of 20" Schnitzer type V's on e60 m5's, but they're incredibly pricey. I think people either love them or hate them, but I love them and they look fantastic in person. Just that all the other ACS mods for e60's are horrendous.
    Apart from the ACS wheels, no other mods besides a suspension and an exhaust needed. Second to the ACS's I like stock 19" M6 wheels. Anything else begins to look like its trying too hard, and few other companies make anything equal or better in quality to the stock M wheels