1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

#1 - I'm not a father of teenagers.

#2 - Never seen such a fanboi, you're the SF queen of aspiration. Not only are you a low cash player that can only afford what $$ owners don't want, you pretend it with pride.

My kids are partial to Porsche. While I think my next car will be an S550 they insist is should be a Panamara. The first version were rather ugly, but the latest one is quite attractive.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Nice Friday night internet party, guys.

3 people like this.
  3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

You have offspring. That in and of itself frightens me.

And :laugh: at the jab at my finances. I'll bet my left nut that I'm more financially savvy than you were at my age. It's okay. It happens.

Now, go tend to your kids and make sure they don't grow up to be like you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

glad you could join.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Pretty sure that clear corner hate on a 3 series was bad fitment or mismatched backing.
    [​IMG]

Id say the taste for bmw makes sense on this forum. They build cars for the driver, quality materials and ride, good looking without being ostentatious and not typecast for the older crowd. A few more members who are more family oriented but enjoy the finer things fall toward MB and myself living in the land of snow lean toward Audi. I like the difference in taste because when love is given toward one thing from all parties like that porsche 904 or the Cadillac CTS the other day, I think that praise is all the more meaningful

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

An overabundance of posts suggests starting a separate thread where this form of BMW minutiae can be combed over with a more select community. Spinoff threads are natural. I'd be happy to do it, but then it will sit there in my 'threads I've posted' gnawing at me.

8. impolyt_one

It was the guy with the E46 ebay corners, don't even remember what they were but they looked tacky as hell.

The problem with that new E63 is that the orange is built into the main unit, meaning it's one of those cases where you just change the whole things to Euro spec if you want clears. Costs thousands with all the new headlamp technology. Don't know why they even did that, because MB has had separate amber corners since before time on everything, even the pre-facelift E AMG. The big pieplate star grill, the black center wheels, the body kit - they all reek of the MB ricer scene. MB ricers are worse than BMW ricers, possibly worse than Audi ricers (though I have doubts)

9. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

:nodding:

10. impolyt_one

I got to check out a 6GC up close the other day (meaning I crept it when I went to the supermarket) - that is a fine fuckin' ride.

2 people like this.
  11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

12. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

Looking for opinions, since idfnl's Official BMW Blowjob Thread has yet to be created I figured I'd post here. I'm in the market for a low milage 330i, budget is 10-12k. For that price i was thinking post-facelift e46 (03-04), but I've seen some e90s (06) with decent milage (<80k) in budget. I've always preferred the e46, but I've never driven an e90. Which would you buy given my position? For the record I'd be looking to own this car for the next 4-5 years.

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

Friend of mine sold his C63 Sedan in favor of a e92 M3. I am disappoint even if it makes sense financially.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

own both (although my e90 is an M. also have had extensive loaner experience with the non M e90).

the e46 is just a handsomer car. aesthetics are always subjective but I bet e46 would win handily if you polled every BMW owner out there. tech isn't really dated, and despite my complaints earlier about maintenance costs the platform is pretty problem free if you consider that everything in the universe gets wear and tear.

you didn't mention what e92 you were going to get, but the 3.0 inline 6 is a fantastically smooth, well balanced engine. I prefer it to the TT in the 135/335/535 by a mike despite less power and tunability. I used to have a 135i as well.

don't get the 2.5 engine in either iteration, it has frustratingly little torque by today's standards

1 person likes this.
  15. impolyt_one

too expensive/will be too expensive for awhile. Shame as it's a nice car, but it'd be like trying to buy a CLS500 back when they were new in 2005. That hype price kills.

My neighbor has that NSX-R type II and I pass it all the time, lately had me thinking i should buy a dirt cheap (like <$5,000) bone stock 98-spec R ITR and shred in it. Problem is, I can't really get an MT driver's license here. :(

16. dah328

dah328 Senior member

The N52 engine in the E90 330i (2006 only) is noticeably more powerful than the M54 in the E46 330i unless you get the ZHP variant (hi Green Frog!). They're not abundantly available in the US since they were made for MY 2006 only. Why don't you drive both and see what you like? For $10-12k, you could get a really nice post-facelift E46 330i or a respectable if not perfect ZHP. You'll have to look longer for an E90 in that price range.

1 person likes this.
  17. Aneil4lom

Aneil4lom Senior member

Currently driving a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer, hoping to buy a BMW X1 in the near future.

[​IMG]

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

yeah, it's definitely a gorgeous car and the interior is breath-taking too, which is unexpected from a BMW. Gotta admit, I always confuse the 650s for m6s because they have the side gills. Gets me every time.

haha, i feel like you develop short fixations on cars, sorta like car ADD.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I love the GC, but why is it so much more expensive than equivalent 5 series, the same goes for CLS and E class.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Sat the Mrs. in an RRS, normally aspirated today. She loves it. Really think we're leaving MB this time for her. She already likes the FX37 more than the new ML and the FX I can easily get 250-300 a month less. If I could get the RRS for the same monthly as the ML she's in.