Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

a friend's family member has the nicest SLS I've ever seen. It's white and lowered right to the ground, with a set of rims on it. I usually don't like cars with anything done to them, but this car is a thing of beauty. I'll try and snap a picture of it next time I'm around

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yeah the m-sport styling makes it a whole lot better looking.

The best SLS I've seen was in daytona blue.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I hope the next generation GL is killer as I live this one and hope to just stay with the model.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Imma let y'all finish, but the best SLS I've seen was the roadster in the matte bronze color. :eek:

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

speaking of Mercedes, my coworker bought a new M-class today. i parked next to it and got a good look at it.

man, it is absolutely horrible looking. they completely fucked it up. the outgoing one was nice in a slightly pussified but still SUV kind of way....this one is a minivan.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

6. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

New one seems to look a lot like a Lexus Rx, Amirite?

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

One of my neighbors bought one a few weeks back. Like you, I'm not impressed.

8. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Have it as a loaner. Not the best looking car but the technology and interior is leaps and bounds better than my 11. Piob, my dealer swears the you will not be able to refuse the new GL. Added HP and better gas mileage, with upgraded tech and interior. I turned down a deal for a 12 GL550 for low 8's to let my lease go and get into the new one.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

What color did you get this time? Pics of the next gen look good.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That is actually quite good looking, I'm not feeling the red interior though.

+1, the interior in the amg though :inlove:

11. Piobaire

Got the Iridium Silver this time. I think it's okay, wife loves it. Then again, her first ML was in that colour. The car was built how I wanted though, on the lot, and only had two things I didn't really want (the fancy custom contour seats and a trailer hitch) so it's mine for 24 months...or so. ;)

Yeah, my guys at the dealership said the 13 is killer. I'll probably trade this one back early in spring of 14, or hold it for an extra quarter, and get a 2015 model year in the fall of 14. We'll see how it goes. That big Infiniti, while fugly as hell, is built on that Nissan Patrol platform (which kicks ass) and has that new engine which is supposed to kick ass. Who knows what will happen between now and then though?

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I wish that Infiniti was better looking... FORCING the sedan lines onto a massive SUV did not translate well, not sure how the expected otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

13. Piobaire

Yeah, I'm hoping they make it look better as it would be a strong contender then vs. the new GL. A mitigating factor is I've shopped Infiniti a couple of times and always found their sales force to be smarmy douche bags. I figure they maybe hire like that so they can relate to the 35k millionaires.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I read recently in Autoweek that Infinit is slimming down its vehicle styling in 2014. This is a good thing.

15. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Really want an SLS after checking it out at the dealer when I picked up the S. Car is just stunning in person.