• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

is it me or does mercedes not seem like a 'supercar' brand?  i know they make cars that are half a mil, but i just associate them with making luxury vehicles for the masses. ......  
+1. As a supercar or exotic brand, no. I think of them as a luxury brand with an exotic or two in its line-up.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. As a supercar or exotic brand, no. I think of them as a luxury brand with an exotic or two in its line-up.

They may not be a supercar brand per se, but they do a damn fine job when they want to

mercedes_clk_gtr_silver_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice!!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Saw an SLS, which was black on black.
Great looking car. Was at the dealership today and they had a SLR McLaren sitting outside. That is still a cool looking car and has somewhat of a scarcity value as far as exotics go. According to my service rep, wildly expensive to maintain.

worst combination i can think of...

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in rush hour traffic in downtown Vancouver when i hear this nasty, loud guttural noise. Look to my left just in time to catch a glimpse of a gray Ferrari FF. Sounded siiiiick.

Then 10 min later driving south on Granville in the suburbs saw a maroon-ish Lexus LFA being driven by a dude no older than 30. First time seeing both cars in person. Couldn't get my phone out fast enough to snap a pic.

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The F20 came out a couple months ago and with it came the M135, the one series has a golf sized boot, the only small hot hatch that comes close to it is the A1, but the rear space is terrible, so the size and the fact it's 3.0 V6 bi turbo ads a bit to the price.
car_photo_500728_25.jpg

That's the first picture I've seen of one of those where I liked the look of the front.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My (not so car savvy ) friend texts me once every few weeks saying he saw a black SLR (again). I know some people in central Arkansas have legit cash, but i still have a hard time believing him.

Probably the wal-mart family, some branch of it at least. Went to school with the kids, and they really like their cars. They change them out frequently and usually drive something pretty exotic.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
After living in Japan for a year, I have still not seen an LF-A on the roads. I thought that I'd see a few, at least, but not a single one yet. Have seen basically every other desirable modern car in existence out on the streets in multiples, but not an LF-A.

JunyaYamamoto

Reaction score
my friend taught english in japan, and he said people there tend to buy new cars so used cars are relatively cheaper. he bought a used 5-series for a fairly decent price. is that your experience?

and the LF-A is a super rare car. there arent too many of those built. i would love to see/hear one in person.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah you can buy anything for beans once it's used 'enough' in Japan. Will still be in good condition but keeping it for more than a year or two turns into a hassle.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably the wal-mart family, some branch of it at least. Went to school with the kids, and they really like their cars. They change them out frequently and usually drive something pretty exotic.

Nah, wrong part of the state. This is a middle aged dude anyways.

And yeah I was in awe when I saw the LFA. Absolutely crazy.

Last edited:

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Have seen two new McLarens in Fort Worth this week, one orange and one black. First ones I have seen on the road. I guess these things are hitting the streets in bigger numbers now?

Good looking cars. Not quite at the level of the 458, but more exotic than the R8 and pretty clean and tight lines.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
a friend's family member has the nicest SLS I've ever seen. It's white and lowered right to the ground, with a set of rims on it. I usually don't like cars with anything done to them, but this car is a thing of beauty. I'll try and snap a picture of it next time I'm around

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads