1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jet

jet Senior member

facelifted e65s are much better, plus 2002 my are time pure garbage

actually like the new 7

2. NORE

NORE Senior member

:lol:

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

I've owned 4 BMWs and 2 Range Rovers (and 1 Audi, 2 SAABs, 4 VWs, etc.). Sure the maintenance is high but this is either an enthusiast's car/truck or a guy with loads of money to be given to the stealership. I worked on all of my cars and it isn't that difficult given the vast amount of info there is on teh interwebz. Having said that, I will go nowhere near a 7 series BMW.

4. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Will check that.

Thanks for the info.

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

But there is 2002 e65, are those good? Or still bad.

6. djh

djh Senior member

Buy the last model year of any used car your considering. It's generally the best because they iron out any major issues.

1 person likes this.
  7. hrb

hrb Senior member

^^ I agree, wrt who 'should' buy them. I would, however, add to your list person 3) the guy without loads of money, who did not take into account the operating costs required to upkeep a 10 year old $100,000 vehicle out of warranty and has to take out a loan to cover the first repair bill. :facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Agree with all these sentiments. E65 pre-facelift is probably my least favorite BMW ever.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  9. jet

jet Senior member

i don't know how "time" snuck into my post as I wasn't drinking :lol:

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

So that six series I bought and posted pictures of couple of weeks ago.

stolen.

glad that i had not yet put the BBS LMs i bought for it on yet.

fuck fuck fuck

11. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

I also found a bmw 760 year 2004 that I liked. About $3k more expensive. But maybe worth it, since I can risk more with that old 2002.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Not true.

[​IMG]

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'd consider a 2004-2006 as most of the major issues were ironed out by then, but the later the model year in this range, the better.

Yes, still bad, very bad. Wouldn't think twice about it.

BMW does a great job with its V12's. The interior is gorgeous, the ride is as smooth as silk, and the sound of the engine intoxicating. The downside is that the engine is prone to oil leaks and other mechanical problems associated with V12 engines; thus, you need to be prepared for expensive eyepopping repairs. When it is running well and problem free, it is truly an amazing driving experience.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

And once this happens to you, you'll end up hating that car forever. /driving experience.

I saw a woman go completely mental recently in a dealer. I was there for a $7 bulb. Her bill was like $8k, she went so crazy they were threatening to remove her from the building.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  15. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Finally some good answers. Thanks for the info JayJay.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'd plan to buy a 745 when they came out in 2002 so I paid a lot of attention to BMW forums and talked to owners. The stories regarding problems were horrifying. I went with MB instead, but continued to follow BMW as I anticipated getting one a couple years later assuming the bugs were worked out. As it turned out I continued to read about problems with the 2003 and to a lesser extent the 2004. Rarely heard of any issues at all with the 2005 and 2006. Back in 2004 I was serioulsy interested in a V12 and wanted a 760, but the salesman was a complete jerk so I chose MB again. I still follow the 7-series and like the current generation a lot, but my brand loyalty has remained with MB.

Good luck with your decision.

17. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Oh okay. Thanks a lot. Yeah it's hard to pick out a car. We have a Cayenne Turbo now for the family. And want a more business car but still could take out my family with that also. Don't want it so expensive but in the same time luxurious.

The best way that I found so far was the 7 series. They are very old but still look awesome. And comfortable as hell.

18. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Not sure if legit... But spotted this in San Juan
    [​IMG]

19. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Senior member

That thing reminds me of the Porsche from Bachelor Party.

[​IMG]

20. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Yeah it's pretty obvious that it's a fake now that I look at it more and compare