• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
should be pretty easy to know what the M6GC will look like - just add M6 bumpers front and rear and the M6 wheels. New BMWs are getting really aggressive with their wheel diameters though, can get a non M-sport regular Sport package and end up with forged 20"s on that 6 series, and they look amazing. I actually prefer the 650 without the M-sport kit or M6 guise, I think I like it more elegant than sporty.

The 650 is pretty fast though, that V8TT pulls pretty hard and smoothly to triple digits. I owned a 540i before and driving the new V8TT, it's like the old V8 but the high-end acceleration is like warp speed. I cruised empty toll roads south of LA at about 120 without really realizing it, felt like half that.
Would really like to have a 6GC but they're kinda pricey where I live. Definitely the best German sedan out right now though.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The F10 M5, Cayenne Turbo and GC 640D cost roughly the same here. :uhoh:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wow! Thanks for all of the advice. I guess I have a lot of emailing to do. Quick question about the fake name and number. Fake name/email address is easy, but do I want a number that can receive calls/voicemail (e.g. googlevoice), or do I want just a useless number?
Thanks again! :)

You don't necessarily NEED either a second number or email, but if you want to be guaranteed never to be hassled again, then its a very easy way to insulate yourself. You want them to be able to call you. They'll start getting desperate eventually. Not to mention, its easier to go back and forth over the phone.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally received a new smartphone and can take pictures now. It's unfortunate because I missed out on hundreds and hundreds of cars in the past years, but here are the three better ones I've seen (and were able to take a picture of) yesterday. I hope this is the correct thread!

Are there any Porsche lovers out there? I can look out for special models, but Porsche is really 0815 here.

Can anyone tell me about the first one? I see that car quite often, is it some special edition with the visible engine?

Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ferrari mid-engined cars have displayed their engines since at least the F360. The first pic is the F458, the 3rd, the F430 spider.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just saw a Gran Coupe about 10 minutes ago. It looks amazing. Love it. It should be a regular 5 series though.
Saw one on I-64 this afternoon while driving through West Virginia. I'd seen a couple on my local dealer's lot, but this was my first to see on the highway. It was black, and looked sharp.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just saw a review of the Gran Coupe, and the author was happier with the looks than the driving ability.

Ah, well-- back on Earth, I bought a Subaru Outback today to replace the Volvo, which was developing some electrical problems as well as becoming too small in the back seat for my growing son. Looking forward to taking delivery next weekend.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
scuderia is not a spider looks like **** is painted black

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's not a Scuderia, it's a stock F430 with Scuderia wheels. The bicolore is garbage

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche 911 GT3

Audi R8

Two quick shots..something English or so (I'm really a newb w/r/t cars)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Oh I know THAT. I meant in the situation where the 2013's and the 2012's are on the lot at the same time. Then it would have been a bonanza. The dealership is the largest in the tri-county area and they told me that they receive a several hundred thousand per month kickback to meet certain sales targets. DEFINITELY worked to my advantage.
Well, if you can wait, wait. The 2013's being on the lot will SUBSTANTIALLY improve your bargaining power. If not, then its a matter of playing them off one another. What I did:
Step 1 - do your homework - go to edmunds, kbb, nada, and any other site to get a good idea of what prices you should be seeing.
Step 2 - email every dealership in the area for a good hour radius. Edmunds has a good prompt on their site and will email 4 or 5 of the largest local dealers. If you use that, then email everyone else that comes up via google. Be specific: "hi, this is mr. schmuckity schmuck, and I'm interested in purchasing a 2012 Camry Hybrid in [color] with [color] interior. I'd also be willing to take [blank]. I'm looking to pay invoice and can pay via cash/financing. Please let me know what you have available. Thank you for your time. Mr. Schmuckity Schmuck" The more flexible you are with your color options the better. The fact that you want the hybrid and there are less of them out there will work to your disadvantage, but not by too much.
Step 3 - Take the lowest offer you get (sometimes it'll take several emails going back and forth) and email it back around to EVERYONE. Say: "Hi, I just received this offer from Racists Auto Dealership for (blank). Can you BEAT this?" They're going to want you to come in before they beat it. **** them. Get everything in writing. EVERYTHING. Including a full pricing breakdown. If they won't do it, call and ask for the internet sales manager, or the dealership manager. Tell them "look, is it really worth losing my business because you're not willing to email the offer you supposedly will give to me when I walk in?" Most of the time they'll flex.
Step 4 - Take the lowest offer you get from that round and then email it to the lowest offer from the original round and ask them to beat it. Don't tell them you emailed their quote out to everyone, obviously. So long as you can copy it from an email, usually they'll beat it. Often times, they won't beat it, but they'll come back with extras: tint, floor mats, extras, etc.. Seriously consider these as you're probably going to have to buy this **** anyway. I got tint and a full floor mat package thrown in.
Step 5 - Either rinse and repeat, or go in with the lowest offer.
The biggest thing is financing as that's how they screw most people. Get the price separate of financing and get the financing yourself. Then you have absolutely nothing to negotiate once you get into the dealership. Unless, you're like me, and you can talk them down a few hundred more.

You don't necessarily NEED either a second number or email, but if you want to be guaranteed never to be hassled again, then its a very easy way to insulate yourself. You want them to be able to call you. They'll start getting desperate eventually. Not to mention, its easier to go back and forth over the phone.

Rambo's advice here is the advice sites like Edmunds, Carbuyingtips.com, etc give you and it's usually good to follow. I helped my younger sister buy a new Accord about 6 years ago, did this, and got her a fantastic deal. So it can work.

Having said that, I recently found this does not always work. When I first started shopping for my car, I was toying with the idea of buying new. Wanted to compare my monthly payments and overall cost versus buying something slightly used (like I ended up doing). Basically, I found some dealerships simply started sending me automated emails trying to get me into the dealership. A few of the ones that did write me back, expressed confusion over what model I was looking for even after I gave them detailed responses with the specific options. It became obvious they were trying to jerk me around to get me to visit the dealership. Out of the few that were up front and gave me pricing, only two were within range of what a "best quote" should actually be based on the holdbacks, customer cash and other incentives. One actually had the balls to email me a photo he took of the window sticker that had the MSRP on it! :fu:

So why was my experience this time so drastically different then the past? I'm not sure, other then I wonder if dealerships are wise to these strategies now. Everyone has access to the internet and are likely reading the same tips, from the same sources. Maybe they have their own strategies in place, developed over years, to counter them. Now I will admit I didn't press it beyond an initial round of emails or two because I had switched gears back to shopping used, but it was a shaky start to something I expected to be a much more smooth process.

Some other thoughts, based on what I have researched and/or experienced, I want to share.

1. Don't take for granted that the person writing you is the "internet sales manager" or that the dealership even has that. It's a common tactic for sales people to intercept initial emails and pretend they are this, to make you believe you are communicating with the person who can give you the best possible pricing. The same goes for "fleet managers" and your best bet there is to call first and try and get the name from the receptionist who answers the phone.

2. By all means get pre-approved for a loan if you can. It's great bargaining power. Just understand that it may be challenging to get a large, new car, loan from a credit union or bank unless you have A+ credit. Otherwise, it is often easier to score a loan from the dealership because they will fight to secure you one as it makes them money.

3. Know your credit score BEFORE you start the shopping process. Pay they small fee and get a report, with score, from all three companies. That way you don't have any surprises.

4. Keep in mind that the advice Rambo really only works on new car buying. If you are shopping used, you will find pricing all over the place. At best, Edmunds and KBB can give you ranges to base your negotiation on. Even then, be prepared to be surprised at some of the pricing you see while shopping.

5. Common wisdom says don't negotiate based on your payment and only talk the final price of the vehicle. This is almost always good advice. The one exception I have found? If you have already been approved for a loan and know the exact APR you will get. That's how I scored the deal I did on my Mustang. Walked into the dealership having already been approved with Ford Motor Credit for a CPO loan. When the sales guy threw out his "rock bottom price," I countered with my monthly payment ceiling. Using an online payment calculator, I already knew what I would be paying for the vehicle based on that monthly payment and my APR. They met my monthly as requested, and I ended up paying two grand less then the guy was trying to get me to agree to.

6. Don't let them fool you by acting like an extra $5 to $15 per month on your payment is not that big of a deal. It adds up! You could end up giving them hundreds or even thousands more over the life of the car.

7. Don't sign anything until you have read every single number on the contract. Dealerships love to sneak in added fees and or extras that amount to little more then bullshit ways to line their pockets. Mine did this and then pleaded ignorance when I called them out on it.

8. If buying new, the speadsheet here can be your best friend.

9. Finally, don't be afraid to get up and walk on the deal. I did that twice over the course of shopping for my car when they tried to **** around with me at the last minute. The car your are looking at, new or used? There will be other ones. You can always make another deal on a different vehicle another day.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

So why was my experience this time so drastically different then the past? I'm not sure, other then I wonder if dealerships are wise to these strategies now.

No hate but comments like this make me chuckle. OF COURSE they are wise to this. They do this for a living, a living that depends on selling cars! They know way more than the average consumer ever will about this transaction.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No hate but comments like this make me chuckle. OF COURSE they are wise to this. They do this for a living, a living that depends on selling cars! They know way more than the average consumer ever will about this transaction.

No you are completely right here. It was such a drastically different experience then I have had before or was expecting, that it really surprised me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads