Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

It's the V6, but I'm happy with it. 300hp is more then enough for my needs and I wanted to keep my overall costs down. The better gas mileage, without needing premium, was a plus too.

Wasn't planning on going black, but when I saw the color paired with the grill and wheels it really sold me on the car. Unlike a lot of them you see on the road, the exterior is clean too. No decal tape or badges on the sides. I haven't taken pics yet, but the interior is very nice too. It's a saddle brown and pairs well with the exterior color. Here is an example of what it looks like.

Might consider a small drop down the road.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

2. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Congrats on the new Mustang, 5.0 would be fun but 300hp should suffice for most days.

A neighbor has the Venza so I see it everyday. Agreed I wouldn't want it for my car but if the wifey wants a Lexus Rx, but that's too price and I can't nudge her toward the Q5, the Venza would do, looks really comfortable.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Isn't the Venza more of a wagon than a CUV?

4. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

I feel It's in that awkward grey area with the BMW x1 or Subaru forester

5. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

damn nice Rouse!!

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

It's got nothing on your Jag, but thanks! :fistbump:

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Preachin to the choir buddy.

I've heard the Optima is actually pretty nice. Trouble is, I don't think I can get them past the convention that Kia's are not the same POS cars they were 10 years ago.

No shit. What the hell happened?

Racist shit? :eh:

They went and drove the Camry and Corolla. Camry seems to be in the lead so far. Have them heading to Nissan next.

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

my wife swears by nissan. shes on her 3rd i think.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

IMO, Nissan/Infiniti is great at stuffing a powerful engine into a body light enough to give a favorable weight/hp ratio. Infiniti also is always cutting edge with its electronics. Somehow they do not inspire a feeling of a vehicle with longevity in me, which is fine for me, as I just lease things for 36 months.

10. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Also, I saw the Altima on a commercial the other day and I actually said to me wife, "That is the definition of the most boring car ever. Totally uninspired." And I would stand by that statement. I just don't know why people would buy that car. Talking about the new 4 door here. In the late 90's, I think it was actually a decent looking car. Now it's just a blocky mess.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

All the foreign imports are pretty much blocky messes in that car size, aren't they?

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

13. EmJay

EmJay Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the CPO route mainly as a starting point. I also know full well what number crunching is going to tell me: stick w/ the Acura. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I think the irrational, you only live once, take 35mph curvy highway off-ramps at much higher speed, side of me is just going to push me towards a 335i coupe or Cayman S. Now that I drive a ludicrous amount monthly (for me, anyway) and commute daily whereas I hadn't before (lived in NYC), I really miss the BMW, particularly on those twisties. Still some thinking to do but those are all solid points.

Kind of a shame as the TSX, for what it is, is actually a really great car and the tech is world's better than what I had on my Beemer. But the road feel man, I miss the road feel.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Picked up Benz today. This one has "custom contoured seats." Just came with it and they're sort of not bad. The windows are like "low E" home windows too. The difference in heat is quite noticeable.

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

About 4 weeks ago, the Check Hybrid System light came on.
    The dealer has so far been unable to fix it.

His wife got a call today from the dealer that it's fixed but they've said that before.
    The claim is that it has something to do with the hybrid electronics cooling system.
    It's kind of hard to know what's going on since the explanation has gone from
    dealer to his wife to him and he's pretty much the opposite of articulate.

I think he's got two more days it has to be in the shop to trigger the WA Lemon Law.