Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes475042.htm

Wow, how many hours a week do you have to do to make 120k at about $23.61 an hour? 120 000 / 23.61 = 5082.6 or 101.65 hours in a 50 week work year. Damn, when would then have time to drive those Cameros and paid for pick ups?

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

ZL1 is pretty fucking sick, no idea how it holds up in tests against other cars and on the ring, AY?

No sports car out there is tickling my nuts I hate everything.

Thread should be changed to "cars we wished we drove".

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The ZL1 actually beat (or preferred it over) the GT500 in most comparo tests despite the big hp difference. I would probably opt for a 1LE though and save ~$20k, it's supposed to be as good as the Boss Mustang.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Is the top version of the Challenger anywhere near this?

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I heard that they were aiming to match or beat the GT3 'ring time. not sure if they got it done.

6. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Yikes. The repair/maintenance costs as relates to value would be mind boggling. Would almost make my F355 seem reasonable. Lol

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, the SRT is only within the 1LE and Boss 302. The 1LE starting $37k seems like a bargain in comparison to the Boss 302 ($42k) and Challenger SRT ($45k).

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I did only preliminary research on those cars, but from what I read, they were really promising actually, supposedly reliable and everybody was satisfied with the ownership experience - chain driven engine from the F430 basically, and tons of room in the bay (relatively speaking) up front to work on it. I even read about guys getting rid of their Porsche dd's to get into the Coupes and Spyders. I realize it's not gonna be like a Toyota to service, but if Derek has a Jag already, the repairs wouldn't be shocking. Plus, whenever I see them for sale, they're always cherry, like <10k miles on the clock, spotless, and they're going for like $25k. People seem to feel that those cars need the Tubi cans to really enjoy the sound though, which are expensive.

9. A Y

A Y Senior member

I'm not sure about the Ring time, but it's probably way faster than you'd expect that car to do. The Mustang Boss is pretty damned fast, too. If I got another sports car, it'd be something pretty slow compared to what most of you are talking about.

10. impolyt_one

Was smoking on my balcony just now and saw a white 650i cab go by with this front bumper on it, plus some eyelids and the wheels from the previous 760Li - probably the most bizarre looking car I've seen in awhile

[​IMG]

11. NORE

NORE Senior member

12. impolyt_one

Car was ugly when it was new, but the body kit didn't help, unfortunately.

13. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

Why don't they make a new M coupe ? I really like the latest Z4 design and although they already have 3 coupes, if they made it light it could be a great little car.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Rumour has it there's a 4 series in the way, so it could be on the way.

15. impolyt_one

been somewhat liking the F30 4-door as I see it around. I don't know if that's just the newness still pleasuring me, as I was like that when I saw the E90 and the E46 when they were new too, the model changes are exciting. I feel like the F30 coupe might be great looking, but I don't understand BMW's design vision anymore and they'll likely do something weird that will turn me off it. Having seen the spy shots for the M3, it appears the bumper will look almost exactly like the new M6's.

I saw a new M6 in NYC last month, it was barreling down 6th ave - it was in a really great blue paint color, it was almost like liquid metal. They definitely keep making metallic flake smaller and smaller.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012