• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edgein

Reaction score
+1 on BMW repairs. Dealers are rip offs, I could go on, too painful.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sold a car today - well, its not sold yet, but it will be tomorrow. Had it for $8k, guy said $6, I was hoping for $7 and he offered $6.8. I took it as I didn't want to wait another god knows how many weeks for $200.

So, off to a good start so far.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold my 93 civic hatchback cx for 800. Suppose I could've gotten more but I wanted my underground spot back. Probably go looking for a new car in a year or so. $20 000 budget- suggestions?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ah yes, you like it, the V12. I don't think the 8s had the badge, but the E65 760i did on the front fender.
In the meantime, check out this V12 stuffed in a Z3:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/08/07/v12-bmw-z3-prototype-revealed-by-bmw-m/
bmw-z3-v12-1.jpg

That is awesome. There was an E36 Ti done by Racing Dynamics as a complete car, back in the mid-90's, that put a punched out version of the V12 in the E36 Ti.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is why I stopped buying BMWs, I had one too many bad customer service experiences with them.

**** me man... i don't think i'll be buying another BMW again to be honest. ****** loaners, every time i call in i get a bit of attitude.

2 weeks ago, my car got bashed in (in the pissed off thread).
i sent to car in for repairs and the nissan dealership gave me a 370z as a loaner... a nice upgrade from my altima c

---
my coworker had to get his entire car repainted (audi A5 coupe) because some idiot sprayed his car with sesame oil.
fast forward 2 days and the idiot traded in his car at a $16,000 loss... plus the color is ugly as sin (cheap white vs. the gray from before).

Factor in depreciation and this kid is shelling out close to $30k...
Oh and he put his $16K on 6.5% interest. LOL.

this kid makes a lot less than me (i think he gets ~ $38K right now) and he put almost $16K in loans for the next 48 months for a car with less than 2K miles on it...

It;s his money, I realize that but he's just being dumb with his money... Sad part is that the kid is still in his evaluation stage and i don't know if we're going to hire him full time (not looking good).

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sesame oil, wtf?

And you can get a loan on an A5 if you make $38K a year?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went in for service for a 1200 mile post-break in service and the receptionist, in her best "you're an idiot" tone, immediately started to argue with me that I couldn't take it in until 15,000 miles. my polite reasoning that the service for M cars is different, the service car light is on, and my manual all say bring it in at 1200 were to no avail. I suppose getting a job to answer phones qualifies you to overrule the engineers who built the ******* thing.

I only got an appointment when I asked her to either book the appointment and if I'm wrong I'll gladly pay for the service out of my pocket, or transfer me to my service advisor or ask him herself.

and no, no loaner :lol:

mike1445

Reaction score
**** me man... i don't think i'll be buying another BMW again to be honest. ****** loaners, every time i call in i get a bit of attitude.
2 weeks ago, my car got bashed in (in the pissed off thread).
i sent to car in for repairs and the nissan dealership gave me a 370z as a loaner... a nice upgrade from my altima c
---
my coworker had to get his entire car repainted (audi A5 coupe) because some idiot sprayed his car with sesame oil.
fast forward 2 days and the idiot traded in his car at a $16,000 loss... plus the color is ugly as sin (cheap white vs. the gray from before).
Factor in depreciation and this kid is shelling out close to $30k...
Oh and he put his $16K on 6.5% interest. LOL.
this kid makes a lot less than me (i think he gets ~ $38K right now) and he put almost $16K in loans for the next 48 months for a car with less than 2K miles on it...
It;s his money, I realize that but he's just being dumb with his money... Sad part is that the kid is still in his evaluation stage and i don't know if we're going to hire him full time (not looking good).
I dont know that I would hire the kid based on these reasoning skills...silly to take out a loan on that salary but it seems especially arrogant if you're still in your trial period. Poor A5...

Sold my 93 civic hatchback cx for 800. Suppose I could've gotten more but I wanted my underground spot back. Probably go looking for a new car in a year or so. $20 000 budget- suggestions?
Going for something the same size? you might find a solid used GTI for that money...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still, $38k a year take-home and dude financed a brand new Audi ? Somebody needs to slap that guy in the mouth.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of worst customer service experiences, Land Rover ranks high on that list. I had two LR3's both of which had problems, fine issues were well documented but the fact that the dealership had such poors service drove me away from the brand. Luckily I had positive equity left in the car with a year left on the lease that I was able to swap out and never look back.

On the way to the office today, Continental GT, 2 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 1 Boxster S. I usally see a white 458, but guy must have been running late.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads