1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

How do two 19 year olds, going to college, afford Lincolns? I apparently failed at life.

but you can afford a GL. GL is more than my lincoln and the A5 I want[​IMG].

2. spencers

spencers Senior Member

As for me...
    e30 econobox as a first car
    e36 econobox now
    e36m3 or e46 soon? [​IMG]

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

I test drove the Zephyr/MKZ and didn't really like the dash design and cramped feel I got, but of course I'm used to the vast openness of the Town Car. Wish they would have updated the LTC with the old MKZ grill or something similar...that would have been *jizz in my pants* worthy.

Never was a fan of anything made by Audi, but that's just my opinion. I plan on keeping my current Town Car through college, and then after college custom ordering a L Series Town Car...if Lincoln still offers it. What can I say, I love LTCs. [​IMG]

So that's really your car? I had assumed it was a hand me down from your father, or perhaps ever your father's car. [​IMG]

4. Mannix

Mannix Distinguished Member

How do two 19 year olds, going to college, afford Lincolns? I apparently failed at life.

Epic fail...[​IMG] jk For the time being I don't pay rent or anything like that because I still live at home while going to college so I have "extra" discretionary funds.

So that's really your car? I had assumed it was a hand me down from your father, or perhaps ever your father's car. [​IMG]

LOL yes it's really my car and hardly a hand me down...my parents drive trucks/suvs and my grandparents like Toyotas for some reason, though I don't know why [​IMG]

5. il ciclista

il ciclista Distinguished Member

my grandparents like Toyotas for some reason, though I don't know why [​IMG]

probably because they are really reliable

6. Mannix

Mannix Distinguished Member

probably because they are really reliable

But they're ass ugly and the ride/seats will eventually give a person hemorrhoids due to the low level of comfort.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

but you can afford a GL. GL is more than my lincoln and the A5 I want[​IMG].

And I'm also twice your age and have been busting my hump for decades now.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Distinguished Member

You can probably pick one up in a pretty nice condition for around $5K nowdays.. 1998-2002. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for those, plus if I ever needed to make a few bucks I can turn it into an actual towncar..

9. sonick

sonick Distinguished Member

Full-sized sedans, especially American, depreciate like crazy.

Even German ones, like a used BMW 7 series can be found for the same price as a used 3 series of the same model year.

10. hitsu

hitsu Member

1993 Mazda RX7.

My goal was a semi-rare car with great power, good gas mileage, bulletproof reliability, all while not looking ridiculous getting out of it in a suit.

You were seeking bulletproof reliability.. so you got an RX7?

11. sonick

He swapped out the rotary [​IMG]

12. ScottMan

ScottMan Senior Member

I guess reading comprehension isn't really your "thing". Haha. Yes, I did swap out the rotary. Thanks, sonick.

This is a big can of worms, and my rotary "appreciation" is more like playing devil's advocate, but rotaries aren't crazy unreliable when done right. The problem is, doing it right costs tons of money, a keen eye, and stellar maintenance. The advent of water or methanol injection have cut down on the heat dramatically in rotaries and made them, dare I say, reliable. Also, the naturally aspirated rotaries from the FC RX7 as well as the more exotic NA 20b motor are much more reliable and many have tons of miles on them. The issue with rotaries is heat. Heat that deteriorates coolant and apex seals, heat that causes warping or pre-detonation, and all sorts of problems that heat causes. Managing that heat goes a REALLY long way with a rotary.

That said...yep, I put a V8 from a Corvette in it. [​IMG]

13. sonick

If the RX7 had the engine had the 1.8l that was in the Miata, that would be my perfect car. I love the Miata but can't stand the lack of rigidity and cowl shake of a convertible.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You can probably pick one up in a pretty nice condition for around $5K nowdays.. 1998-2002. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for those, plus if I ever needed to make a few bucks I can turn it into an actual towncar..

Full-sized sedans, especially American, depreciate like crazy.

Even German ones, like a used BMW 7 series can be found for the same price as a used 3 series of the same model year.

I was under the assumption they were buying/leasing these new?

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

mine was a lot more than 5g's.