• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shifter needs to be placed closer to the driver.

Vox, that M3 looks amazing. Can you snap some interior pics?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Vox. It is a nice looking vehicle. Still would love to see a picture of the interior as that post earlier indicated it has some unique additions.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:)

As for the mods, well, one either likes a near-stock look or not. I'm not sure if there are even five M3s on American roads that have all of the BMW Individual trim parts in this car.

A well modified car will mostly be indistinguishable from stock. Unfortunately the idea of modification to many seems to be centered around the act of letting everyone know your car has been modified which by proxy renders your car un-sellable when you want to and in more extreme cases a ******* laughing stock.

I looked at the pick and shrugged my shoulders, so B drives an M3. Then I read that pretty extensive list of mods -I credit him for fooling me into believing that car was bone stock.

Nicely done.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics Vox. It is a nice looking vehicle. Still would love to see a picture of the interior as that post earlier indicated it has some unique additions.
Vox, the car looks great, and I'm glad to see the stock look retained. Pics of the interior, please?

Edgein

Reaction score
nice looking M3. I wonder how it worked in the winter. I'm sure it was parked in the snow. All BMW's, Merc'c, etc suck in the snow unless AWD.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I looked at the pick and shrugged my shoulders, so B drives an M3. Then I read that pretty extensive list of mods -I credit him for fooling me into believing that car was bone stock.
Nicely done.

Thank you.

The wheels are a good example of what you are talking about, because it was the result of an attempt to make the same design as the wheels on the CSL but improve on them in every way. The basic result is a one piece 6061 T6 heat-treated, 8000 ton spread-forged mono-block "CSL" wheel that is an inch wider at all four corners that what the CSL had, allowing for wider tires and filling the wheel wells with a bit of racy camber, but the same weight as the narrower CSLs. The RG-4 would have been a lighter wheel except that all of us agreed when we committed to the wheel that we wanted the regular Roundel at the center.

I don't remember how many sets were made, but there weren't many, and of course, there aren't going to be any more.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

nice looking M3.  I wonder how it worked in the winter.  I'm sure it was parked in the snow.  All BMW's, Merc'c, etc suck in the snow unless AWD.

Well, mine is lowered from stock. So, there's that. Nevertheless, when it's on its winter 19"s with Blizzaks, it's not too shabby, particularly when compared with all the AWDs that run "four season" tires.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Everything that I have is professionally detailed.

Do you have a midget come in and clean **********? You know, for "aesthetic" purposes.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

:)
It's been through ten New England winters as a daily driver, was tracked a few years, and still looks brand new. Not a ding. Not a trace of rash on the wheels.
Most E46s look like crap at this point.
That's mostly what I meant.
As for the mods, well, one either likes a near-stock look or not. I'm not sure if there are even five M3s on American roads that have all of the BMW Individual trim parts in this car. For example, an M3 owner in Germany had to use his VIN to get a particular trim piece in person at one of the M parts departments for me.
Could someone else have done this? Maybe, Many? Probably not.
I'll snap a new pic for you later.

Well, I agree with you there then, your car looks great for the wear and tear. What does your odometer look like?

I like the stock look; in fact I am impressed that you got the Euro-spec Individual stuff and the Euro bumper, but am cold about the wheels and the brakes tbh.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind this is a 10+ years old New England snow car and daily driver, and not one of those SoCal creampuffs that UCLA English grads valet at the Ivy for Grade C HGTV reality TV stars.

How is your interior trim holding up, ie. the mouse fur around the door, and window frames? The car looks pretty great, and you're being very environmentally friendly by keeping it, unlike people who buy new cars.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While here in Boston I've been on the lookout for a Vox sighting, the M3 of course. :laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads