• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought they were up there, was looking here a while back www.rockyauto.co.jp

The regular E9's go for less than 993's here, as they are not Porsche's.

I'm not into the look of the CSL and for what I would want it for a "normal" one would do.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Didn't those come with semi slicks and a cardboard trunk?
They have just shown a prototype M8, so the "M7" could be on it's way.
BMWM8-8SeriesJ.jpg
I think the GT badge is saved for those ugly ass lift back things, the current 5 touring is build on the F01 platform, so doing a 6 "touring" would just be design as they can't make it bigger.
M3 touring that would be amazing and there would be a market for it as the C63 and S/RS 3/4 are doing well and have been for years.

The only thing grail worthy of the csl is it's induction system since they get rid of the maf system, though it's a great car it's more of a novelty one can easily replicate it's performance with a standard e46 m3. My old suspension put CSL's to shame and it runs on R comps on the street. The seats only slide they do not tilt iirc, the front bumper and trunk are cfrp and car only came smg.

Hroi you must be blind bc that fitment is perfect.

Last edited:

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drove a 430 this past week. Was really fun to drive, thought the paddles were responsive but the single clutch made for some interesting downshifiting, was a little more prnounced then I would have thought. There is a ton of power in that car, really is impressive.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is how my wheels look right now. 20x9 +15 front and 20x10 +20 rear
now that i look at it again, i might just leave it the way it is...it could be a bit better, but i'm not sure if i want to mess with spacers. plus i'd have to raise the rear a bit because the tire will start rubbing on the inside edge of the fender under compression
W o w !! Very nice!!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I've looked at renting a 430 for a day, but you only get 100 miles. Or pay the $1.95 extra per mile, which isn't terrible, but go over 200 and you'll just accumulate more fees.

Even fire island is still 70 miles away, I can't see the logic in paying that much for so few miles.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drove a friends so I wasn't worried about the miles but was more concerned about beating it up pretty bad, which I quickly realized is pretty hard to do. I drove it hard and that car begs to be driven like that. It was a little shocking the first time I downshifted, I thought I had done something wrong. It hit into gear pretty hard. Very fun car to drive though, so it might be worth the 100 miles, although i see your point in that adding up pretty quickly.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the problem is it's a blast to drive and it's all you want to do when you have access to one. I just need some friends like you :slayer:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

don't remember exactly but it was north of Hillsboro Mile (figures that someone from there would own a car like this)...It was on Ocean

Hmm. I was on Federal around Glades and Yamato.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the problem is it's a blast to drive and it's all you want to do when you have access to one. I just need some friends like you :slayer:

So true, it was all I wanted to do. I took the thing out a 2 or 3 times.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Took my R32 out in the hills north of LA (Angeles Crest) along with my buddy who has the BMW 1M pictured. The 1M is incredible; I had no chance of keeping up even when he wasn't driving it flat out. We found some nearly-abandoned roads and really let loose with both cars. I drove the 1M and it's probably the fastest and overall best car I've ever driven. The grip feels never-ending, the power is ever-present across the entire RPM band, and the steering is extremely tight and responsive. The turn-in is so good; this car just feels like it wants to be turning. My buddy takes it to the track and has R-compound tires he uses for that but on this day it was just on street tires. It's also bone stock currently, but he has plans to add more power soon.

Driving the 1M made getting back behind the wheel of the R32 feel like I was driving an 88 Corolla; super-slow, way too much body roll, and everything just felt looser. I still love my R32, but damn.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the feedback on my car. honestly I have been messing around with these coilovers so much that I think I can't see the forest for the trees anymore

Hmm. I was on Federal around Glades and Yamato.

i'm sure it was the same car. there are only 150 of these in NA, with only a certain number of them being white...odds are there was only one in the Boca area that night.

did you see a gray m3 matching the pic above? hehehe

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thanks everyone for the feedback on my car. honestly I have been messing around with these coilovers so much that I think I can't see the forest for the trees anymore
i'm sure it was the same car. there are only 150 of these in NA, with only a certain number of them being white...odds are there was only one in the Boca area that night.
did you see a gray m3 matching the pic above? hehehe

Nah, I didn't spot you. There's so many BMW's on the road that it wouldn't have stood out.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's right, M3's are the new Civic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads