Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Excuse my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Was the E46 M3 the one they did the lightweight version? I saw one, very fast.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The CSL version? Yes.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this is how my wheels look right now. 20x9 +15 front and 20x10 +20 rear

now that i look at it again, i might just leave it the way it is...it could be a bit better, but i'm not sure if i want to mess with spacers. plus i'd have to raise the rear a bit because the tire will start rubbing on the inside edge of the fender under compression

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

:drool:

perfect drop. looks awesome!

5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

+1, the nicest I've seen.

6. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I saw a 1m last night in a parking garage, it really did look mean. Did they really only make 800 for the united states?

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was in Boca 2 days ago and I swear I passed by this fucking thing. Where cross street were you on?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I am seriously pretty meh on M3's, but a real deal CSL? yes please. Also happens to be one of those classics we talked about earlier, holding good value. I've had the CSL on my little list but I don't know if I have the sac to try driving one more regularly than it should be driven. Also, do those front buckets actually slide forward to give access to the rear seat? The seats have sliders on seatbacks but they're one-piece buckets, do they hinge forward? Always a few used ones for sale here, except when they exported to Japan they didn't give them the special CSL rims, they just got the regular 19's, I guess the CSL wheels might've had a certification problem here. If it were me I'd have to lay out another few thousand on getting the proper rims on it.

http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/model/bmw/m3/CU1121688388/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

don't remember exactly but it was north of Hillsboro Mile (figures that someone from there would own a car like this)...It was on Ocean

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I only saw one in person ever and the front bumper is just so aggressive. Looks good.

Dat wheel arch..mmm

[​IMG]

An acquaintance from college leased/financed one and he's an engineer, so he probably makes decent money.. but he also lives in LA.. The payments on that thing must be a bitch. :cry:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  11. x26

x26 Senior member

Very Nice! :nodding:

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Didn't those come with semi slicks and a cardboard trunk?

They have just shown a prototype M8, so the "M7" could be on it's way.

[​IMG]

I think the GT badge is saved for those ugly ass lift back things, the current 5 touring is build on the F01 platform, so doing a 6 "touring" would just be design as they can't make it bigger.

M3 touring that would be amazing and there would be a market for it as the C63 and S/RS 3/4 are doing well and have been for years.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

They look flush to me, so unless you want them to poke, I wouldn't change them.

How about doing a light stretch on the rears, so they don't rub, instead of raising it.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah, that's why it's not on the top of my list as either a daily driver type car, which it would obviously have a hard time doing (rains a lot here), and it's not really a sports car I'd want before a Porsche or something even nicer. Kinda hard to fit into a 2-car setup. The price is right though, I'd just feel bad about trying to run it on normal street tires, and kinda worried that I might have kids sooner or later and not be able to do anything with it (like I said, the seats dont look like the provide access to the backseat) I would enjoy it a lot if it were a second car, but 993TT's are the same price, and I know which one is a better resale value and more desirable, even if they're both really good cars. Still want a wagon and a Porsche I think, both preferably the kinds of cars that will float in value indefinitely, or at least in the wagon's case, not depreciate too hard for 2 years.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Porsche no question.

How about a BMW E9, where does Nissan C10's come in price wise.