1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

a 560-4 Spyder passed me two nights ago. They had the top down :facepalm:

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If I had an Aventador roadster (not going to GreenFrog timeline that, that's a hefty check to pre-date) I would crank the heat and the seats and roll with the top off year-round.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

According to my calculations, which involves a myriad of variables, including, but not limited to, the number of PPD (posts per day) in your ToJ thread and the RoR (rate of reply) in your ToJ thread, you should be able to comfortably afford a supercar in the price range of $250,000 - $350,000 by 2017.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I've said it before, but if I had a cab the top would be down unless it was raining, snowing or very windy, the rest of the time top down.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

It was really cold out and in the middle of Manhattan where one cannot floor it sufficiently. This instantly equates to douche bag.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have rolled around with the top down in below 0C wearing a puffer, scarf, knitted hat and gloves with the heat cranked up.

8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

you probably looked like a douche bag

1 person likes this.
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

In Hawaii right now driving a Camaro SS convertible. I've got the top down even though it's rained about 40% of the time this week. My wife bought a parka at lululemon the second day :lol:

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

12. herragge

herragge Well-Known Member

Who cares what you look like to others. Driving a convertible has too many compromises to have the top up. There are rattles, creaks, squeeks, lack of road noise deadening, and I'm not even taking into account having the top up never looks as good as with the top down. The only way to outweigh these factors is to enjoy the visceral feeling of the top down, the wind in the face, the hair blowing around, hearing the suspension and engine working. Wear your parka, leather gloves and blast the heat, enjoy. Necessarily in that order.

13. xpress

xpress Senior member

Absolutely agree.

I refused to drive my old Fiat 124 with the top up.

Partially because of the visceral experience of having the top down.
    Partially because of the fumes seeping into the cabin.
    I must have lost 5-10 years off my life driving that damned thing.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

saw a guy drive past me yesterday in a Maserati GranCabrio, top down. It was pretty damn cold yesterday, it did seem a little odd to drive top down...

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

that dude probably had a ton of visceral feelings going on.

and besides, the only reason to take the top down on a fancy sports car when its really cold out is because you have a big penis. It's kind of a universal signal to the rest of the world.

3 people like this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Btw, please find below my four word review of the Chevy Camaro SS convertible:

Utter piece of shit.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

While we're on the topic of muscle cars, anyone else chuckle when you're driving behind a base model v6 challenger? Shit looks like a boat on skinny Prius tires -- it's fucking hilarious and really, really sad at the same time.

I wish muscle cars only came in high performance V8 variants only. I know, I know, we need the cheaper base models for profitz, but damn, what a slap in the face of what a muscle car is supposed to be.

[​IMG]

The 911 always looks beautiful from behind:

[​IMG]

The proportions are just right.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I agree with you. The Ford Mustang is in this category, too.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

JayJay, when will you post pics of your cars? Icing on the top would be some exhaust clips as well :nodding:

20. glundr

glundr Senior member

IMO the new v6 mustang with the track package is a great performance value. If you can get over the v6 stigma that is.