Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

oh and...
    how much STYLE did you show in your paragraph on how you were 'different' than me...
    how is calling me small dick stylish? or classy?

2. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

3. junior varsity

oh yeah, check out my sig

4. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

[​IMG] Yea, I don't even find that funny... As in no style my man. But I am neutral, just sitting back enjoy my [​IMG]

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My hustle in high school used to be re-selling Jordans, mostly retroes and SBs. They sell like crazy back in the day (they still like crazy today but too much trouble and it caused Nike to stop midnight releases), almost any retros from I-XIII and those limited SBs would sell out in minutes and I can usually re-sell them for double the retail within a week or two after they came out. It slowly goes down in price the longer it's been out and as everyone looks forward to the next release.

I never did it exclusively, just a pair here and there to break even on the pairs I wanted to keep but I know people who banked on it. Buying about 10-15 pairs and doubling that within a few days. Some retroes and rare SB (hyperstrikes) even sell for 3-5 times its msrp so if you can get a hand at a handful you'd bet set to buy even more stock on the next release. It takes some good networking and hook-ups but once you got that, your good to go.

This is how I ended up with so many Jordans today and if I sell today, I can likely at least get $10k-$15k easily on all of them even with low ball offers.

But yeah there are plenty of ways to sell things on ebay and make a profit. New gaming systems like the 360, PS3 and Wii. I actually got my Wii free because when I bought it on release day, my brother was with me and it was limited to 1 per person so I asked him to buy one and I sold that for more than twice it's price. People go crazy for electronics, when the Touchpad failed and it started selling for $100-$150, people went nuts and it sold out quick and people who snatched up a lot manage to resell for $250-$300. A lot of people go for those crazy deals on Thanksgiving morning too where Laptops are like $200 and they sell it for $500. There's also the ToysRUs video game scam. I could go on and on. :lol:

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Thats a bit much. MLM has been around for a long time before he internet.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Really? I sure wouldn't. It's no Aston but damn I'll give whip them around in the GTR and do this to my date:
    [​IMG]

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Madorf, Bagger etc. I know and I'm talking about affiliate, SEO, facebook marketing etc. and people who claim that they make 15k$< a month, it doesn't make any sense to me.

I read about an 11 year kid a couple years back, who had started out selling diamond etc. and then got in to internet marketing at 15 and his is making millions, I just find the whole thing doubtful.

Last edited: May 19, 2012

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I really wish I had the foresight to see that apps can make you comfortably rich. I mean Words w/ Friends is just freaking scrabble. How simple could it get? Angry Birds, such a simple concept. Instagram, even simpler.

10. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Here is a $1.86 Billion idea, an app to X-Ray clothes. IE: Hold phone up over someone from a distance, see them naked.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I have some app/site ideas I am still waiting on putting into motion with the right people, takes a lot more trust than seed money,

12. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

An even better idea, an app that blocks that app.

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Probably be the only app I would buy.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I got lots of ideas but too lazy to execute. My brother is going to do computer science or be an IT or a programmer or something. Maybe I'll venture more into it when he is able to help me.

15. junior varsity

yeah those fuckers suck... and its all shady.... my friend works for a start-up company that does pyramid scheme pay day loans online...
    and they make BANK