Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I think this may be the problem he was referring to.
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-(replacment-of-all-required)&highlight=strut

"During the last 6 years that I have moderated the forum, I can recall about 4 to 6 reports of a single suspension strut failing. Only one of these was reported by an 'original owner'. Best estimate I have of the number of Phaetons imported to North America is about 3,700 vehicles.

I think that the level of risk of a strut failure is pretty low, it appears to be roughly 1 in 1,000, based only on what has been reported here in the forum.

PanEuropean"

2. sns23

sns23 Senior member

I would never get a z06 for an everyday car. Talk about misery.

3. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Why? I driven a C5 Zo6 and did not find a lot of difference driving normal compared to a normal C5 Vette. Only downside and is minor was the fixed roof. I only driven a base bare bones C6 and was not impressed. Not like the Zo6 is stripped of creature comforts and suspension is not much harder then normal. The clutch just like every other modern car I drove is super soft.

4. sns23

sns23 Senior member

The ride is horrible. The car is made for the track, not commuting.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

6. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I still think the Zo6 is a perfectly fine daily driver... Again driving both C5 normal and Zo6, not much of a difference as far as ease of use and comfort. I driven just about every form of C5 and C4. Only C6 I drove was nearly base with M6 with Z51. Yes the Corvette can be a bit rough and interior is pure shit, but they have there charm. Perfect and surpisly economical for a young single person... I will also say, I thought my 93 Vette was much more comfortable in both ride quality and road noise compared to a 350z. I am just saying if your looking at a new Corvette really look into a slightly used Zo6.

Corvette when young/single --> CTS V older/kids

7. sns23

sns23 Senior member

C6 is a completely different animal

8. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Driving the base C6 Z51, felt like the C5 Zo6 to an extent... I have never driven a C6 Zo6. But I known people who own both the C5 and C6 Z's, they always said the C6 felt like a better daily driver even though it was a much faster car in all categories. I have a feeling after the I get the luxury GT (XJS, 450SL, maybe XJ8/R) bug out of me, I will be back into a Vette. I miss my Vette it was reliable and cheap to maintain for a car in that category. Rear tires on my Vette seem hard to find and cost a shit ton...

9. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

what would you get?
    1. 2008 M6
    2. 2009 GTR
    albeit GTR is about 50% more expensive than the M6 (due to M6's retarded expensive running costs)... if all created equal...
    what would you get?
    initially i thought about the ///M6, then now i am thinking maybe GTR?!

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

11. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

M6 classy GT! Carmax had one a while back red on red, for cheap. Ugly combo though... The GTR i never liked it, to playstation feeling about it. Again never drove one, just see them pulled over all the time.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

06 M6 has the stupid Bangle butt, no thanks!

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

M6 is not my first choice, but would be over a GTR. IDK, but the GTR I would almost be embarrassed to pick up a date, go to nice restaurant, or take my boss out for a game of golf. I really get a PlayStation immature vibe about the car. I know that's a stupid reason to rule out a car for, I am sure it's an outstanding performing car. Can't push it on the roads state side, so I at least want to love the car.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i could see that. the fender kinda makes it look more like a toy car, but i'd still pick up a date, boss, nice dinner with it

15. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

check this kid out though....
    hes got 2 of them...
    sigh... i just want one :laugh:

Last edited: May 18, 2012