Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Rad Ryan

Rad Ryan Member

My taste in cars is a little different than most of you guys.. The first few pics are of my 67 Camaro the way it looked for a long time, the pictures of it in a darker color are the way it looks right now. I just repainted it and have yet to reassemble everything. The dually is my daily driver, all the Dodge logos on the exterior and interior were replaced with Autobot emblems. It has a tailgate mounted squirt gun that can be operated and opened / closed from inside the cab. I posted a video of it working on the bottom, hope you enjoy.

-Ryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is a video of the tailgate squirt gun in action

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Love that Camaro, I like it in the first color with the stripes better though.

3. Rad Ryan

Rad Ryan Member

for some reason it posted twice.. sorry

Last edited: May 17, 2012

4. Rad Ryan

Rad Ryan Member

Thank you, the pics don't do the new color justice though, it changes from green to blue to black in the light.

5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I was about ask, I could see a hint of green on the top of the fender. Nice car and truck, just don't care for the water gun.

6. Rad Ryan

Rad Ryan Member

The water gun was more for my 8 year old son.. he is obsessed with the transformers and wanted me to make the truck resemble Iron Hide, a character from the movie.. Thats why the Autobot emblems and smoke stacks. Although, the look on a drivers face when he's following too close and I drop the squirt gun is priceless.

7. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Great camaro, truck is too big for me but the water gun would be great fun in Dealing with tailgaters. I dont think it's an option on the phaeton.

8. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Would you get an 8 cyl?

Also, the 2004's seem to have an expensive fix if one of the suspension components fails. You have to replace all four shocks at a cost of $10k.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that is rough that you have to fix all 4 every time, but a lot of big German cars since the 80's (even before that, starting with the old MB W100) have had expensive air suspensions that can vaporize thousands to fix. Its part of the territory unfortunately.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

+1, like the blue with stripes the best. It's kind of surprising, but I see a lot of mint 67/68 Camaros in Tokyo, like one a week at least.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

iirc, the Audi Allroad had/has an air suspension that usually failed around 80k miles. One of the solutions was to replace all 4 with coilover sets from someone like Eibach, etc, for around $1,200. The ride would be a little firmer but handling would improve immensely, plus no more expensive ass air suspension failure!

12. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

i always assumed the airbag setup involved a good deal of extra weight, am i wrong? those allroads sure look like pigs, but id still love one

13. xpress

xpress Senior member

Had air suspension on my Navigator.
    It malfunctioned 15 times during my 2 years with that shitbox.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I bought one years back - nothing but trouble. Got rid of it after a year. Lost money on that one, and lots of it.

15. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

the air suspension on my 06 LR3 was the worst. Would lower itself on the highway out of nowhere. I do appreciate the modern technology and the idea of the air suspension, it works very well on my GL. It works like stablizers on a large yacht, offsets the body roll pretty well on a large truck.