Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I love old cheap shitty eco boxes like that... Entry cost is next to nothing, cheap to insure, and keep on the road... Run it through the car wash and vacuum every week or two. Park close to the store and when the ass whole in the SUV parks to close, just slam the door into it if needed... Beat the shit out of it in general and enjoy it. Plus throw a tag frame stating what your nice car is. My step-father does the tag thing with his VW CC,"My other ride is a Piper Warrior." With something like that for lugging friends and family around plus daily beating. Your nice car can be something fun and impractical.

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

But isn't it just rather ugly? I so do not understand the love.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

it's a mk2 golf

It's available in the configuration on Audi.de

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

it could be made to be 'nice' over time. A project car for using to learn how do mechanical stuff on, everybody needs one of these in their lifetime, and the older simple cars like that are great. I'd give maybe $1000 or $1200 for that one though, looks like there's some rust.

5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

On a car like that, if it has some surface rust... I would just call it character spots. As long as there no wholes in it, I would not worry... I always love the idea of living in the city in a nice building with a peace of shit like that next to every ones Lexus/Audi/Merc/RichMobile. Maybe have a nice little motor under the hood, but keep it stock/shitty looking on the outside. That would be sweet in my eyes... I like to be different, but I am not going to shit on A/C again... That shit sucked!

6. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Yeah, $1500 I can't do right now, if I can manage to get it for $1000 -1200 it would be great. I've seen enthusiasts do some really impressive things to these VWs. Gonna put the round lights on this one if I get it.

It'd be nice to have something to teach my brother how to drive manual on too, he's starting to get to that age.

7. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

It is an old golf, but its a car that weighs about the same as a box of matches with a simple-as-shit 1.8L engine. That makes it crazy fast, crazy easy to maintain, crazy cheap to repair and with a body like that you can leave it anywhere and even if some fucker keys it, you'll barely notice.

Its no luxy cruiser, but its great for dicking about round town in. Windows down, tunes up and take it to the beach.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The car looks like the VW Golf (Rabbit) that I had in grad school. It was a diesel that I bought new and put 230,000 miles on. The car looked good back then, and was easy and cheap to repair. It's among the best cars I've ever had.

9. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Best car I ever had was the 63 Ford Falcon... Slow as shit, not going to jail in that one. Stupidly reliable and when it came time for maintenance shit was extremely cheap and easy. Should have never sold the thing...

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I never got a speeding ticket driving the VW; I couldn't have even if I wanted to. :laugh: I ran that car into the ground, and had so much fun doing it.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i had one of these too, not a diesel, a 2 door GTI mk II. I didn't keep it long enough to really appreciate it because it was green and a hand me down from my grandmother, and in 1997 it was all about Hondas and Integras and I was a snotty 16 year old... :eek: Always look back on that and wish I'd kept the VW, no point in getting rid of it. It was so clean too, my grandmother is just an old church lady. She has a 2005'ish Honda Civic right now with 15,000 miles from new.

12. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I would much rather have a GTi mk ii over the 97 Acura TL I dad... Whats wrong with you?

13. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

the S6 is looking good
    ceramics are an option (US, who knows)
    it gets the dsg automated dual clutch mechancial gearbox, the S8 gets a traditional automatic
    it's heavy 1970 kg, that is very close to the S8 (2050 kg) ~180 lbs

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

it was obvious from his first post on sf that it will end as a trainwreck.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I love the seats, the rest of the design is a bit :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2012