• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to buy one in a couple of years. Which dress are you getting? I'm thinking of the Luxury+ but I'm hoping they'll have rim choices other than 22" low profile by then. I'm also hoping they'll make it available with the plug-in hybrid engine. Let me know which dress you're getting and how you like it.

Down here in the antipodes it's the equivalent to the Premium+. Doesn't come with the EDKSS, rear locking diff, digital rear view mirror, sunroof, interior ambient lights (we can't choose options here unfortunately). It comes with the 20" rims. It's ordered in the black caviar with black nuluxe. As a daily driver in 99% urban environments and with a growing family of 2 children (planning a third), I didn't think Overtrail was an appropriate selection. The extra bells and whistles of luxury / Luxury + are nice but value for money, couldn't justify it; most of which the extras were superfluous to my needs.

I'm thinking of getting the underbody protected with a coat as I live near a river to resist corrosion, and possible tune to increase the HP to match or surpass the LX.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, particularly for Lexus, the 22" rims as the only option for the Luxury/Luxury+ make zero sense. People buying that dress would probably rather have the better ride IMO.

I plan to own this vehicle for 10+ years so I'm getting absolutely all the bells and might even buy the 20" rims on the Premium if they are still only offering the 22".

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, particularly for Lexus, the 22" rims as the only option for the Luxury/Luxury+ make zero sense. People buying that dress would probably rather have the better ride IMO.

I plan to own this vehicle for 10+ years so I'm getting absolutely all the bells and might even buy the 20" rims on the Premium if they are still only offering the 22".

I think the style of the 22" looks great.

Have you seen the Jaos mockup they did on the GX and Land Cruiser? I'm really digging the front bumper and fender cover, with the wheels.

Wondering whether I should capitalise on the weak Yen and buy some mods/parts 😃

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is a great looking truck. That, the Toyota LC and 4Runner all look like home runs.

I did view a couple of reviews that say the Lexus is very uncomfortable if you’re looking for a luxury SUV. Very bouncy and rough ride. completely to be expected for a body-on-frame vehicle, but people who don’t know/do their research might be caught out by this

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a great looking truck. That, the Toyota LC and 4Runner all look like home runs.

I did view a couple of reviews that say the Lexus is very uncomfortable if you’re looking for a luxury SUV. Very bouncy and rough ride. completely to be expected for a body-on-frame vehicle, but people who don’t know/do their research might be caught out by this
The Lexus LX and GX along with the Toyota LC, 4R, Tundra, Tacoma, and Sequoia are all built on the same platform.

I've been reading that the V6 TT engine used in the Tundra, Sequoia, LX, and GX has major issues and now all of the 2022/2023 non-hybrid Tundras and Sequoia's are on a recall notice. Everyone is waiting for the LX, GX and 2024 models to also be recalled.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are multiple reddit threads on the Tundra forum of people having their engines go kapput before 10K miles.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are multiple reddit threads on the Tundra forum of people having their engines go kapput before 10K miles.
Yeah... it's just a matter of time before the 2024 Tundra's and new GX's get recalled and stop sale notices.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Nantucket for a week and without doubt the biggest vehicle flex is an original Grand Wagoneer with fake wood side panels and like 35 years of oversand permits.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think the style of the 22" looks great.

Have you seen the Jaos mockup they did on the GX and Land Cruiser? I'm really digging the front bumper and fender cover, with the wheels.

Wondering whether I should capitalise on the weak Yen and buy some mods/parts 😃

Good looking mods there.

Yeah, the 22" is all about the looks, but with a body on frame build those wrapped in low profile tires are not adding to the luxury component of the Luxury build.

Did not know Toyota was having engine problems. That's disturbing, as with what I hope to be a 10 year hold period as our daily driver, I want bullet proof.

When the time comes I'm going to drive the GX and TX to see if I need to go with the unibody build.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking mods there.

Yeah, the 22" is all about the looks, but with a body on frame build those wrapped in low profile tires are not adding to the luxury component of the Luxury build.

Did not know Toyota was having engine problems. That's disturbing, as with what I hope to be a 10 year hold period as our daily driver, I want bullet proof.

When the time comes I'm going to drive the GX and TX to see if I need to go with the unibody build.
Hopefully in a couple of years, they'll have the V6 TT engine figured out. The last gen Tundra also had engine issues the first couple of years and now that engine has bullet proof reliability.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While we wait for our EV prince to come, we put some money into our ancient family truckster. It had developed some substantial, worrying rattles, and driving it today after having those addressed was like stepping back in time.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stylishgreen