• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beadhead

Reaction score
Alfa-Romeo 4C Spyder
c3fbd72c2b6c6ae2afd626dd96c265f6x.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
More deets on the Alpina: it's a 2022 B7 in the dark blue. Have not seen it in person yet and have yet to get the purchase story (I'm sure there's a purchase story.)

I also want to find out what happened to his 2015 MB SL 550 convertible. It probably has 20k miles on it and I'd make a play for it if he still has it and is selling it.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did another road trip in the EV this week. It was pretty bad - definitely not taking this car this way again. About 400 miles each way which required two stops - around 70 min total. If we had our friend’s Lucid it would have been a 5-10 min stop. So just like getting gas.

Even one 30 min stop would have been fine because we can grab a bite, stretch our legs, etc but turning an already bad 7 hour trip into an 8 hour trip is torture for the kids.

It’s also a nice reminder that we hate long road trips lol. We can survive the frequent 3+ hour trips to and from Tahoe but never doing a multi day driving trip.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RIP

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in the concept of the Alpina as a more exclusive, better looking, more luxurious high-series BMW. If in fact it does deliver on that promise. It certainly used to, but i haven’t driven an Alpina since the mid-2000’s and don’t really know anymore
With BMW buying Alpina and moving production in-house next year, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the production cars going forward.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With BMW buying Alpina and moving production in-house next year, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the production cars going forward.
I think we can safely assume they will make them much uglier.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man those wheels stick off a crazy amount to each side.
FYI, here's what it looks like with a straight shot lined up with the car and my largest bike:
1718811684257.png

Sticks out past the hips of the car but not wider than the mirrors.

From like 10' in front of the car you don't even see the bike:
1718811845547.png

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Biggest knock on electric cars is the insane weight.
For 99% of uses, the weight is not much of an issue. Also, they could be made lighter, but Americans insist on gigantic cars.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 99% of uses, the weight is not much of an issue. Also, they could be made lighter, but Americans insist on gigantic cars.
For me it's not about the use, it's about the wear and tear of tires and roads that the weight is adding.

I do agree though that most Americans need to stop driving giant trucks and SUV's. Where I live in Houston, it's not quite as bad since I live near downtown but my gf lives in the outer suburbs. Everyone drives a giant truck or SUV. I went grocery shopping with her near her house, and we were in my Mini. I was surrounded by a bunch of full size pickups and full size 3 row SUV's.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wear on the roads I believe depends on axle weight to the FOURTH power.

I think even on the smaller EVs, the effect on tires and roads is pretty significant. A 3600lb car has double the impact of a 3000lb car.

Maybe that's a fair tradeoff, but the effect is real.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s a fair set of points to explain a certain trend, but then it paints that trend as a “loss” for the US, which i don’t necessarily agree with. I would be totally fine with “getting my asz kicked at (the adoption of) EV’s” if the reason for this is because I won’t buy an EV until they start to meet a set of lofty standards.

Note that this doesn’t mean I agree with all US consumer standards for buying an EV. Great range and better driving experience, yes. as big and heavy as possible, no.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stylishgreen