Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. joonian

joonian Senior member

I own a 2010 Mito with the 1.4 turbo petrol engine, without multi-air. It's the first-generation Mito, basically. Fantastically flexible engine, great torque all the way through and very smooth power. All of this is in 'D' mode, of course. All new Alfas come with the 'DNA' switch that modifies throttle response, steering weight, and a few other things depending on the model. So, the power is great (155bhp on 1.4 litre engine), traction and handling is fantastic on the stock Bridgestone Potenzas, fuel economy is ridiculous (about 14km/l on highway driving, about 11.5km/l in the city -- and I am not a gentle driver), cabin is well screwed together with great looks.

I got stock red Poltrona Frau leather and red carbon-fibre-looking trim, with black paint. Absolutely gorgeous combination. I didn't pick it though because I got mine lightly used from a Maser owner.

Stuck to the servicing schedule and absolutely no problems so far. I have plenty of friends with VAG cars who have sent their Sciroccos, GTIs and A4s back to the workshop for major electronics issues who have had their cars for the same time I've had mine.

Oh, it also seats four adults comfortably and has plenty of space in the boot.

In terms of negatives, the stock Blaupunkt headunit is terrible, the stock speakers are terrible, and the steering is quite numb.

The new Alfas are very reliable, great engines and great styling. I cannot wait for the 4C and the Giulia. Although I must own a GT first. One of Bertone's great works, IMO.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Ferraris are for when you're not so old, and don't care about looking like a dick. Saw a guy at a coffee shop today who parked his California outside and was drinking coffee alone inside this empty coffee shop, sitting and looking at his car that was illegally parked. I've seen the guy driving the car a lot too, i would guess the car never gets any high speed mileage.

If I make it to old age I will hang it up and get an Aston or a Bentley or something like that.

3. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Like this, is this for real? Or all rented for MTV cribs.

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

walking around with a wad of cash in your hand when guests are over is an adorable thing to do.

5. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Not in Sweden [​IMG]

6. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Guy near me leaves his 2012 boxster running while he goes in for starbucks in the morning, one day didn't even shut the driver side door all the way, so tempted to leave him my passat in trade and have a joyride

Older fella on the highway a week ago was smoking a fat cigar in a brand new white 2013 A6, looking content as hell, couldn't help but smile and he smiled right back. Gotta respect him for getting something he was so happy with and living in it

Cool stories mike

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have a neighbor of questionable character who is probably 30 something and has a black matte Ferrari. The car is sharp, and as much as I am suspicious of the guy, the car is befitting for him.

When I'm to the place where I can't pop in and out of my car with grace, then it's time to give it up. I, too, would then consider AM, Bentley, and the like.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Saw this today, I wouldn't mind having one of these in the garage.
    [​IMG]

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I doubt he can afford all of those cars and that house, as he is not that successful (outside the us), Birdman got caught saying that he owned a Chevy with Phantom front on it,, which is wasn't.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Like I said, as I see it there's two types of people who buys M5's etc. 1. Car enthusiast 2. People who just want the most expensive model.

Try to explain to anyone, who doesn't know anything about cars, why you have paid Ferrari money for a A6 estate.

10. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Many people dont have taste for cars anymore :( I bet they dont know anything about the cars they buy, just for the ''flash'' no love at all for the beauty cars they own.

11. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

thats why i want my lamborghini superleggera :bounce2:

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Watching that video made me dizzy that motherfucker wouldn't stop moving around.

I see a couple of these all the time, same guys.

No but my dream is to have a house there. I always hang around mac and pch though.

13. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Lol, but with that car you would wash it everyday and kiss it before you go to sleep (same here) not coming out with a chain on your neck and adidas shorts, knowing nothing about the car you drive.

14. nootje

nootje Senior member

A friend of mine does this, drives his a7 to work every day for two and a half hours, which is about the time it takes him to smoke two cigars, the ride home is the same.. According to him the lease company doesnt know/care, as he has his car professionally cleaned every two months..

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have lots of respect for folks who don't baby their nice cars. Regardless of the car I have, I'd have it as part of my daily rotation, even in winter. I keep them clean, but don't care if they get dirty and stay that way for several days.