1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sartre864

sartre864 Well-Known Member

That's the "average" income for a member of the Saab Network, not the typical Saab driver. It seems rather obvious that the median income of all Saab drivers would be significantly lower than the $100k/year "average" certainly inflated by the fact that Saab Network appeals to a very specific kind of Saab driver.

I'd be shocked if BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Audi did not have higher median driver incomes than Saab.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

That's the "average" income for a member of the Saab Network, not the typical Saab driver. It seems rather obvious that the median income of all Saab drivers would be significantly lower than the $100k/year "average" certainly inflated by the fact that Saab Network appeals to a very specific kind of Saab driver.

I'd be shocked if BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Audi did not have higher median driver incomes than Saab.

Ah, yes, I see that now. I would certainly agree that MB, RR, and Jag probably have higher incomes, and would not be surprised if BMW and Audi did too.

I do think the average income of MB and BMW have dropped lately, as they have recently lowered the cost of entry, with lower priced models.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I always get a kick out of seeing saab drivers.

4. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

The curious thing is how Saab owners purchase cars: mostly cash or business leases...if purchase, the highest beacon scores...consequently, one of the lowest cash to financing conversion rates in the industry. Because Saab is not a "status symbol" car, they avoid the plague of wannabes stretching their payments beyond their means

5. Piobaire

The curious thing is how Saab owners purchase cars: mostly cash or business leases...if purchase, the highest beacon scores...consequently, one of the lowest cash to financing conversion rates in the industry. Because Saab is not a "status symbol" car, they avoid the plague of wannabes stretching their payments beyond their means
    LOL, you really are quite invested in this mythical (as in you're posting stuff as fact with no data) Saab demographic, aren't you?

6. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

LOL, you really are quite invested in this mythical (as in you're posting stuff as fact with no data) Saab demographic, aren't you?

Yes, I am a professional mythologist and Saab is coming back after bancrupcy to kick some serious ass[​IMG]

7. Piobaire

Yes, I am a professional mythologist and Saab is coming back after bancrupcy to kick some serious ass[​IMG]

Btw, Forbes says Porsche, MB, and Audi are the top three highest income earners.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Forbes...raphics-22691/

8. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

9. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

There was also something about mini and prius owners being the highest income earners outside of exotics???

10. Kookz

Kookz Well-Known Member

There was also something about mini and prius owners being the highest income earners outside of exotics???

They almost certainly must have the highest ratio of income to vehicle MSRP except for the Warren Buffets of the world.

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Prius has become a status symbol, so this doesn't surprise me.

12. Piobaire

While I agree there are some very wealthy folks driving them, the Prius also looks like dandelions infesting a lawn, in many college parking lots.

13. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

Prius has become a status symbol, so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm sorry to hear this...[​IMG]

14. turboman808

turboman808 Well-Known Member

A prius is a status symbol. What do you just think whatever the tv tells you to?

I don't know a single person how think about a prius other then how ugly it is

On the lincoln town car. I can't imagine you have spent much time in a rolls or jag. What passes as a luxury car in the us is a joke. I don't have a big luxury car at the moment but will get a xj at some point in the near future. It may be an oxymoron but I have got to drive a 2008 xjr and it was fun wheb ya wanted and stylish luxury whebyou were done playing. Great car.

15. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

A prius is a status symbol. What do you just think whatever the tv tells you to?

I don't know a single person how think about a prius other then how ugly it is

On the lincoln town car. I can't imagine you have spent much time in a rolls or jag. What passes as a luxury car in the us is a joke. I don't have a big luxury car at the moment but will get a xj at some point in the near future. It may be an oxymoron but I have got to drive a 2008 xjr and it was fun wheb ya wanted and stylish luxury whebyou were done playing. Great car.

They are in a totally different class, and thus cannot be compared. Sure, if I could afford a brand new Rolls Royce I would definitely buy one...dumbass

16. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

17. Robes of Executiveness

Robes of Executiveness Well-Known Member

I usually build cars with a "funeral rule" in mind; would I feel ridiculous or disrespectful driving this car in a funeral procession? I think I'm okay in this one.
    I'd drive a Veyron to a funeral, be damned what anyone thinks, same as my silk top hat or waist suppressing frock coat and ascot. But black would probably be a nice choice if so.

Probably no room for 2 turbos under the hood of the RX

18. Robes of Executiveness

Robes of Executiveness Well-Known Member

All that stuff is nice, but if the car is ugly(as any Audi is IMO) it's never going to be in my garage.
    The looks may be as popular as coy & vance duke, but that's the way most automakers are going. Seems to have started with BMW.

The looks outside aren't so bad to me anymore, but their interiors can't hold a candle to an Audi. MB has really gone...

19. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

20. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member