Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I reveled in this for a few minutes yesterday. That sound is intoxicating.

Such a shame that the driver was some heavy set kid in his 20's who wore a t-shirt, jeans, and a backwards baseball cap. And who is, apparently, a fan of littering. Fucking jersey people.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2012

2. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

In US do you have many people who dress nice with cars like that? I get the feeling it's almost singers, players and like that who drive those kind of cars, no?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

:fu: the 430 even in base trim is perfectly lean looking, perfectly matched to it's sound. No need to add Challenge grilles and stuff, the 430 has this perfect proportion if body panel, grille, and lighting.

With your post I remembered the other reason why I am less interested in the MR V8 cars - lots of the world's douchebags gravitate towards them. :fu:

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Most of the time I see young douche bags, with more money then they know what to do with, driving them.

5. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

That's what I mean you may have in US more young rich people rappers or whatever coming out from a ferrari with adidas clothes. Then a ''business man'' with a nice suit? I think the older classy people in US drive like a fine BMW or something like that?

Because here in Sweden you often have older people who dress nice and drive nice cars as Ferrari or something like that.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Trust fund babies, who don't work.

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I think this one was lowered a bit. Stupid thing to do, IMO.

And while I do not particularly like black wheels, the set from the 360 CS on a 430 looks very nice. Would consider.

As soon as one of these is within reasonable reach for me, I shall seriously ponder purchasing one. Wife already understands.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't be fooled with what you see on movies and music videos. You do know most of the cars they show on music videos are rented, right?

There are plenty of old/middle age people out there that owns Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, etc... that simply does not care how they look. Look at the high-end car meets (as such: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666087) and you'll rarely (if ever) see a rapper or hip-hop artist all blinged out there.

There are also a good number that wears suits and drives their baller whips to work.

9. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

I think that's the message we get in scandinavia. Famous rich people who only cruise nice and live the life in a mansion [​IMG]

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Most suits that I know who could reasonably afford one of these (plus one or two I know who actually do own) do not actually drive in NYC. Taxi it is (or more usually, black cabs it is).

It's the young twats who like to make a big stink about their cars by driving them in to the city.

11. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

When I was in NYC like 2 years ago now, I often saw private cars drive someone. Pretty awsome we dont have alot of that here [​IMG]

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Be like baseball player Jack Clark. 18 cars, owe money on 17 at time of bankruptcy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1004145/index.htm

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Most of the people on cribs don't live in the houses they show and most older car collectors, don't give a shit what they look like.

RFX: SO SO many cars I want in that thread.

14. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

But I think in a way most of the people here that dont understand that, get's brainwashed.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I live in Cali and there are plenty of those who drives Ferraris, Lambos and Jags. They may not use it on a daily basis but they do use to work once in a while. Heck I park next to a 360 Modena at least once a week, dudes daily is a 550i and said he is waiting for the lease to come up to get an M5. Other cars in the lots include a Panamera Turbo as a daily but dude also drives a GT3 once in a while, another has an XJ as a daily and an SLS, other has a Cayenne but he drives a Continental GT more often. All of them worse suits, not MC approved but suits nonetheless.

Go to Rodeo Drive and you see more rich (old money?) with baller cars than younger ones trying to stunt. I mean there are those young idiots with speaker blaring that can be heard from 3 blocks away to make sure they get your attention but those idiots tend to have a used M3 or some fixed up 535i than Ferraris or Lambos. I just see more older cats ballin with these kind of cars.