• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks good to me.
The missus said something similar.

I am a big fan of minivan utility and electric cars, so it's definitely up my street. I wish the windows in the sliding doors were larger, but not a dealbreaker.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The missus said something similar.

I am a big fan of minivan utility and electric cars, so it's definitely up my street. I wish the windows in the sliding doors were larger, but not a dealbreaker.

My nitpick would be wanting the seating to be 2-2-3 rather than 2-3-2. Since those look like soccer formations, I’ll put it this way: sometimes you need a referee between the kids in the third row.

But our Sienna is now almost twelve years old. An upgrade next year would be perfect.

Ixelles

Reaction score
In the short wheelbase version the only opening windows are in the front doors. I didn't see it mentioned in the review but if it's the same on this one that would also be a hard pass, despite it being a very cool van in many other ways.

FPB

Reaction score

Why are there so many Subarus in Colorado? I was in Denver and Boulder a couple of years ago and it seemed like half the cars were Subarus.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Why are there so many Subarus in Colorado? I was in Denver and Boulder a couple of years ago and it seemed like half the cars were Subarus.
They've become ubiquitous with the outdoorsy-type people who tend to live in Colorado (Vermont, as well). Rugged, reliable, technologically-sound. It's also becoming a kind of a status symbol for those who are of like mind.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In my opinion, it has been this way because Coloradans tend to value practicality over flashiness.

That said, the percentage of Subarus here in Boulder has definitely dropped over the past few years. I think many of the Scoobies are getting replaced by electric cars. I see a lot of Teslas, Rivians, etc these days.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My nitpick would be wanting the seating to be 2-2-3 rather than 2-3-2. Since those look like soccer formations, I’ll put it this way: sometimes you need a referee between the kids in the third row.

But our Sienna is now almost twelve years old. An upgrade next year would be perfect.
Most of us aren't fielding a team of children... :)
In the short wheelbase version the only opening windows are in the front doors. I didn't see it mentioned in the review but if it's the same on this one that would also be a hard pass, despite it being a very cool van in many other ways.
Not mentioned in this video, but the LWB has sliding windows in the, uh, sliding doors.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Fueco had 3 kids so 5 total for the family. Then this need for a 7 seater confuses me because a middle seating style should work even for kids in the 3rd row. Are they back there with switch blades or something?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Fueco had 3 kids so 5 total for the family. Then this need for a 7 seater confuses me because a middle seating style should work even for kids in the 3rd row. Are they back there with switch blades or something?

I have four kids. My wife has five. 😜

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it more just the appeal of the 2-bucket-seat option in the middle?

Middle aisle rather than middle seats that have to be slid/folded forwards for rear access.

I do see that as a big advantage to minivan layouts--plus when you aren't travelling with a full load of kids, the back passengers get the "front seat" experience which differentiates it from normal 3-row SUVs. Nice for road trips, feels more open, has more storage possibilities with the rear seats stowed, etc.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it more just the appeal of the 2-bucket-seat option in the middle?

Middle aisle rather than middle seats that have to be slid/folded forwards for rear access.

I do see that as a big advantage to minivan layouts--plus when you aren't travelling with a full load of kids, the back passengers get the "front seat" experience which differentiates it from normal 3-row SUVs. Nice for road trips, feels more open, has more storage possibilities with the rear seats stowed, etc.

Having the second row middle seat folded down or removed makes it actually possible to get into the back row with car seats installed. The oldest kid is close to getting into a booster seat, which will make things easier.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene