Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The design is called wristwatch pattern, so spot on.

2. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Not meant as a slight, the appreciation of interior qualities, maybe? I don't know. Im curious to see what you end up getting. Saw some old fella driving a brand new a6 yesterday puffin a cigar, guess he wasn't planning on selling it, du looked so happy.

finn Now that you say ds5 interior is called wristwatch I can't see anything else, ds5 looks good inside and out, not available in US tho:foo:, guess ill have to just save loot for the S6:satisfied:

3. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

If you are getting tan leather go for white stitching it looks much better than black especially with a little age.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I really like a nicely done interior. I spend a lot of time driving, so I want a comfortable and good-looking environment.

5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

This is the way I am starting to feel. Having a nice interior since its where I spend my time in a car. I had the American straight line rockets with crappy interiors and the small British roadster with lack of interior. Now I want a GT with a beautiful interior. I always loved the craftsmanship that goes into something like a Bentely or a Rolls and hope to own one someday (Ferrari would also be nice). But it will be sometime before I need a car... But I mostly been looking at 450 SL(C), XJS, XK 8/R, and a few others. Really want another classic and something with project interior. My mother and I use to enjoy old project cars. We would spend time by overhauling the interior.

6. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

When I first got a car I was only thinking about horsepowers and sound and that was pretty much it. But now i'm like you I think about interior more then anything. That's one of the reasons I got the DB9 it's fast and the interior is 10/10 (for me)

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

If you are ever considering an XJ-S, google 'kirby palm' and download his book on the car -- they have, er, special needs, and if you get one that has had those needs tended, you're good, if not, you're in for a world of pain. I still think the XK-R coupes are also very beautiful, too.

What year is your DB9?

One thing I worry about with interiors is how quickly they now can get dated on account of the blasted satnavs and touchscreens. In a year, it seems, that stuff looks old. I got my '07 M Coupe in '09, and the electronics already looked dated. Apart from that, everything else in the interior is just classic car stuff.

~ H

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I meant modern as in not what you'd call a classic or vintage model. So I suppose in the past 30 years. I'm not really into the newer stuff at all.

9. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

2007, agree. But I dont see so much diffrence in Aston Martin if we dont go to the DBS collection. But all the DB9 looks pretty much the same inside.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

For Astons, interiors has been pretty consistent just like how their cars look. I am not sure when it started for the other Astons but for the Vantage, it started with the 2009 where they have the glass key you insert in the center console and also press it to start the engine. I am such a sucker cool shit like that, feels like I'm inside Voltron or something. That's why when I consider getting a used Vantage, it has to be 2009 or newer.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I am pretty sure its crystal and not glass. I was reading an article a while back, it cost something like $900 to replace.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, I think it's made out of watch crystals so it is supposed to be scratch proof but whatever, that wasn't the point. Shit is awesome, that's the point!

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I agree, I love it. It just gives the car a impressive feeling.

14. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

diamond quilt is boss

15. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member