Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've seen a lot of 901's with houndstooth tweed interiors, I thought that was normal? BMW still offered check cloth seats through ages, even up to the M5, haha. I've seen a lot of weird BMW's come of that Individual program.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Check seats like the ones they have on the GTIs?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012

3. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

Yes, it was houndstooth. Anyway, another thought for an interior, though it would look completely wacko in a Ferrari.

5. impolyt_one

yeah, I've seen a couple different variations and can't remember how to find them, but one was this style. I've seen E46 M3's with half cloth (not the sport nylon like M-tech non-M cars, and ZCPs) like this too.

[​IMG]

6. impolyt_one

If I could spec a Ferrari from new (yeah, maybe in like 20 more years) - I'd get dark Daytona bars on a lighter base, two tone dash for sure. Not sure the color combo, this is kinda wild:

[​IMG]

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

That's a bit too S&M for me. I'm boring and would get the classic beige leather with red exterior.

8. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^
    Looks like a Bentley interior. Then again both are owned by VW so...

10. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I've seen some wild seats growing up. Before the economy went shit, my parents had a aviation upholstery company. They did a few cars in ostrich, alligator and other strange stuff. Airplanes Was mostly sheepskin and leather, I don't recall much exotic skin in airplanes mostly because of burn ratings.

11. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Your thoughts of buying an 80's Bentley didn't make any sense to me before but this seems to explain the angle more...

Last edited: May 2, 2012

12. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I don't see what your getting at, but okay... I did look at the Bentley today and on the drive over there I kept telling myself,"I am half way to the downpayment on a condo and it's just a car." When my buddy got there the first thing he said was it look like a Lincoln Town Car, I am not exactly sure about that statement. But I walked around the car it was straight and all panels matched, numbers all correct. Few rock chips on the front, but expected. Then the guy grabbed the keys and dealer plate. Opened the door and had an instant blast of cigar smell (I smoke cigars but this is a turn off). The leather on the other hand was in really good shape. The veneer was starting to crack and carpets needed shampooing. The car drove smooth and whisper silent. All in all I am glad I looked at it and proud to walk away. The smell was not the deal break it was going through the maintenance records. It was very detailed, including detail/cleaning receipts. But the price on just the parts is to much and looking under the hood just look complicated. Besides you guys are right, I am not in the position to drive a Bentley.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

This is M alcantara, super dope.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

15. impolyt_one

I like the Citroen interior, but I find the center bank of contrast fabric unnecessary - the seat inner portions could be just the two banks of ribs adjoining at a center seam. The door panels make it look a bit busy too. Looks like the seats were inspired by wristwatches.