Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It's set up as a food services one, it's on reserve for later in case I want to make a cafe/bar/restaurant. Right now we are just hoping to deduct our restaurant receipts on it for the time being.

2. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I see. I'd still want a 360, but I see your point.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I feel that it's a progression and just steps you take to get to the car you truly want. I mean the 360 seems perfectly affordable to you right now and maybe in 2 years, you can go for the F430 and then two years after that you go for the 458? I mean your 30 years, that is still pretty young so you'll go through plenty more cars if you want to unless you plan on keeping the new car purchase for a while (5 or more years).

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

The maranellos look beautiful. Among my favorite in recent times. But between the 550 and 575 the interior changed markedly

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

looking forward to seeing pics of 360 Modena with custom TOJ interior

6. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

A quick Autotrader search puts teh 575 at exactly the same level as a new M5 cost wise: £60k to £78k. I know I'd take the prancing horse any time....

7. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Ferrari > M5 every time, except Dino 308...

8. impolyt_one

haha, I don't know if I could work my magic on a car interior, at least a modern one. Aren't Ferraris done in Poltrona Frau leather? That stuff ages pretty nicely. The weak link between leather and our everyday lives seems to be leather sofas... it's hard to find a brand new leather sofa in decent leather that doesn't cost five figures, even though the factory price on good hides is not so bad... I purposely bought one of my sofas in fabric because I am gonna TOJ the cushions out in nice leather...

I told my wife my idea of getting a 575, she likes Ferraris so she is mostly down. I got some money in lieu of wedding presents recently when I went to America too :slayer: We didn't need much in the way of setting up house because we've been living together for 3 years, so its just burning a hole in my pocket.
    I am coming off a few really tough years of my life that have had some positives, but about 5 years ago I had all my stuff stolen and was literally homeless for a while (long story), I've lost all my hearing over time and I haven't really gotten any help on that despite efforts, it's been pretty grueling. I got back up to speed a few years ago, and now I'm here in Japan living where I want to, living how I had dreamed of many years ago (I first came to Japan over 12 years ago because I was obsessed with cars, never thought living here and stuff would ever be an option) - I think it's time to get myself a well deserved 30th birthday present, so that's why I keep tossing around different ideas. Some days I just want a nice functional car, and then some days I think about it and think i really deserve a present to myself... :nodding:

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Good for you. No need to settle for less than what you want and your heart seems set on the 575M so go for it.

YOLO! :slayer:

Also, if there's no TOJ Ferrari interior, how about a leather jacket inspired by it? Not sure how you can integrate the style and design to the jacket (maybe the seats perforation and padding, it's somewhat unique to Ferraris) but I'm sure you can come up with something that isn't going to be tacky (no stallion).

10. impolyt_one

The Daytona seats? I've always thought about that, what I'd do creatively if I ever got a Ferrari; I think back to that pair of Jordans that were inspired by the Maranello Daytona seats and they were a nice design take, but I don't know how to incorporate the theme into a leather jacket without making it look neo-guido, lol. That would be tough. Sometimes certain things are just meant to be left alone...

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You mean the XIV's (my favorite on-court performing Air Jordans ever).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess your right about it better being left alone but you'll probably dream about it after driving the 575M and wake up one morning with a concept. :lol:

12. impolyt_one

yeah, I had a pair of those as a kid. They were a fun design. Definitely better than the recent J's :embar:

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Ah yeah the taco shop dream

Retail price and cost price so so far from each other, it's not even funny

Have you seen the Lapo Elkmann Ferrari tailor made cars, he did two denim interiors, one was stone wash denim jean and a camo leather one, so ugly.

14. impolyt_one

You know how that story panned out right? I recruited some guys to help me pursue to the taco truck dream in Korea, we go over there, we get distracted by Korean hipster girls. A year or so later this guy in LA starts a Korean taco truck called Kogi, you know how that story ends.... :( Naturally that came to Korea and about 3-4 years after I'd set out on this journey, taco trucks start popping up out of nowhere all over Seoul :brick::brick::brick::brick:

Should've trusted my instincts.
    :brick:

Oh well, I think I did okay otherwise...

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  15. A Y

A Y Senior member

I have to go dig this up, but in a recent Christophorus article, they featured a 70s 911 owned by a member of the Porsche family (I think) that had a tweed interior, which was factory stock. It looked great with the car's forest green paint. It may even have been an RS, and was owned by one of the wives who drove it very gently.