• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

can someone tell me how the manufactures keep jacking up the prices?
nissan GTR was $76000 and now it is 96800...
what the hell are they doing?

The Yen is strong at the moment, so that could have something to do with it.

Now everybody STFU about car prices, they are make me annoyed, as they are all ridiculous cheap. :mad:

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hmm. I've budgeted $25, 000 for a car in Vancouver. Not sure if I should go forr a new domestic or get a 2008+ import. Would love a 3 series but I'm not sure I want to drop that on a car that's going to be old/in need of maintence in a year or two. Ideas?

give us more to work with. what are you looking for in a car?

i always said that if i had a $25k budget i would probably be driving around in a GTI, but your needs might be different

Last edited:

junior varsity

Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$25k and if you can wait? Get a Scion FRS.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or he could move here and get one of these. :sarcasm:

Volkswagen-up.jpg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or he could move here and get one of these. :sarcasm:
Volkswagen-up.jpg

Saw one of those in the parking lot yesterday, funny looking car.

And for the record, the netherlands untill recently had a 42,5% tax on top of the catalog price, so I feel your pain.
Its getting replaced by a co2 tax, linking the cars energy label to its price. And since sportscars arent the most enviromentally friendly we're screwed.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy who had it before me spent twice what I paid for it having a complete respray, new engine, etc, etc. I drove it for the first time today picking it up. The steering is a little heavy and not as tight as a modern car but it has decent acceleration even by modern standards.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It looks clean, man. Nice car.

One of the ground-level apartments in my building opened up, and it has it's own parking space. Rent is about $500 more a month but that's what a car space costs here - difference is that the car space in-house is enclosed and would have provisions if I wanted to get a sports car and run a battery trickle charger... can't exactly run a trickle charger if I'm using some public parking facility. Really tempting, I get thoughts of getting a clean used 575M.. :devil:

junior varsity

Reaction score

$25k and if you can wait? Get a Scion FRS.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

no one will ever respect you or give you any sort of street cred for driving a SCION.

mike1445

Reaction score
Even if it's the same RWD beginner track car Also sold as a Subaru? You're speaking in generalizations. Sure scion was started as a ploy to attract young drivers and it will certainly have a fanboy scene but toyota is a global brand with a newfound desire to break its perceptionwill dive. will you hate on it when they start building it with a turbo?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads