• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And here's a photo from the inside of the brewery that I assume he's opening entirely as a way to write off all these cars as business expenses:
View attachment 1744597
View attachment 1744598

If I were still in Chicago, I would definitely be there. Sick cars, german beer and smoked meat.
That is straight up insane. I think the most unremarkable car in those photos is the 570s, which looks like it might be the exact same orange as mine (tarocco).

i love how you keep describing him as a Chicago college professor when he could donate his entire teaching salary and not care (of course I get that you call him that because he’s your prof, it’s just amusing)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got our annual insurance renewal quote and our auto premium is decreasing by 25% despite adding two more vehicles and a new teen driver to the policy. And they dropped our homeowner's coverage due to fire risk, so we don't qualify for a bundling discount anymore. Makes no sense but ... thanks I guess?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got our annual insurance renewal quote and our auto premium is decreasing by 25% despite adding two more vehicles and a new teen driver to the policy. And they dropped our homeowner's coverage due to fire risk, so we don't qualify for a bundling discount anymore. Makes no sense but ... thanks I guess?
What is this sauce?

Also - are you on fair plan now? If so, my condolences.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is this sauce?

Also - are you on fair plan now? If so, my condolences.
AIG Private Client Group.

Luckily State Farm were willing to pick up the homeowners', but we are paying more for considerably less coverage.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish my insurance would go down. No tickets, no at fault accidents (t-boned 6 years ago), drive 5,000 miles a year and it’s a Volvo. Insurance is $165/mo. That’s the cheapest carrier by far too. Most are over $180.
That strikes me as expensive.
That's more than what I'm paying for my 540 I just added with way more miles per year. Bundled with life and home for discount, but still.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That strikes me as expensive.
That's more than what I'm paying for my 540 I just added with way more miles per year. Bundled with life and home for discount, but still.
NY sucks. My M2 was the same price and if I got a Mustang it would’ve jumped to $225/mo.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is straight up insane. I think the most unremarkable car in those photos is the 570s, which looks like it might be the exact same orange as mine (tarocco).

i love how you keep describing him as a Chicago college professor when he could donate his entire teaching salary and not care (of course I get that you call him that because he’s your prof, it’s just amusing)
To be fair, there are at least a handful of Chicago college professors who could do the same... Eugene Fama with his Dimensional Fund Advisors stake for instance.

But yeah, this guy is a former CEO of a big company... His adjunct professor salary probably doesn't cover the mechanics bills on his cars.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a Tesla Model S Plaid on the road for the first time today. Nothing much to distinguish it as the top model other than a small trunk badge. Weirdly, there are a few for sale used already in our area at other luxury car dealerships (Mercedes, Audi, Porsche) with super low miles, like < 1,000. I wonder if some buyers are encountering the dumb yoke and quickly deciding "this isn't for me"?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw a Tesla Model S Plaid on the road for the first time today. Nothing much to distinguish it as the top model other than a small trunk badge. Weirdly, there are a few for sale used already in our area at other luxury car dealerships (Mercedes, Audi, Porsche) with super low miles, like < 1,000. I wonder if some buyers are encountering the dumb yoke and quickly deciding "this isn't for me"?
It's a lot of money to pay for a party trick you can't really use and a shitty interface.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brummie