Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

merkur

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Now don't dig yourself in to a deeper hole, I have worked since I was 13, while going to school and I couldn't afford a 180k car at 23. ;)

I had a 45k car at 20 while going to school but that's not the same thing. :p

Being well connected and choosing the right education helps.

Having a great network is something most of haven't got, failed at getting or neglected, so having that is pretty much a shoe in, to the dough.

How are we comparing a E39 with a F13 now?

I like the E39 and I see the point, as it's a great car, but I wouldn't call it a benchmark car, at least not today, it may be as fast as a car with an old engine and a canalboat, but comparing it to it's present day rivals like the E63 and RS6, I wouldn't call it benchmark.

The F13 is a drop top and a GT car, so it's not made to be trashed round a racetrack on the weekend, like I said previously.

3. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Better that way, lol... what car do you have now?

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Don't have one, I have given up on driving in Copenhagen, it's 90% roadworks and most of the time it's faster to walk or use the metro. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

5. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

That's true, when I was studying in Copenhagen I had a MC (Yamaha R1) without a license. Faster that way [​IMG]

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It took an hour to get from Vesterport to Østerport (3.1km) a while back in a car, which is a 5 min. train ride and my business is located in downtown Copenhagen, where it's impossible to find a spot and when you find one it's 7$ an hour, as you know.

Pending on what happens later this year, I may be moving to Oslo or Stockholm, so I will get something then.

Is it the red or cream interior Aston on bytbil, you are looking at?

7. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

I know Copenhagen very well it's crazy with cars. I think it's more space for bikes, right? So small roads then a super big road for bicycles? I had a car for like 2 months then I changed to mc in Copenhagen got sick of driving car over there.

Good luck Mr! Oslo = more $, Stockholm = You will have more fun, a very nice city [​IMG] I dont know really on Aston, the one I saw is normal black inside (pianofinish)

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I think 50% of all Copenhagen citizens cycle to work, so the bike paths are everywhere and most cyclists haven't got a clue about traffic laws, so that just makes it worse.

I have promised my mother not to ever ride a motorcycle, as she has seen how I drive a car. :embar:

Yeah I would prefer Stockholm or somewhere warmer. At the end of the day, it's up to the market and the clients, where I'm the most needed and right now Oslo is a head, as they aren't affected buy the recession and the swedes are very conservative when it comes to furniture, but you already know that. :p

9. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Yes it's crazy, I have never seen so much bikes in my life since I came to Copenhagen, lol. Yes if you like fast car, motorcycle is nothing for you (I almost fell twice)
    I have been in Osolo (so god damn boring, nothing to do at all) I love Stockholm!

Good luck with everything! I'm waiting a phone call from the dealer now, it seems the car needs to get last service and thing if I want it (could take few weeks, since they dont service Aston there) enoying!

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yeah that is pretty much what my mother is saying, also the amount of times I have been to the emergency room due to bike crashes etc. probably has something to do with it as well.

Oslo is supposedly becoming a better, but it doesn't changes the fact that they want 200kr for a pizza and a can of cola and I would rather dig my knee out with a spoon over living there.

Good luck, hopefully it works out.

11. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

Holy goats, DB9 is my dream car, great pick. I will probably have to wait until I hit 30 (10 years ahead) to even think about getting one though :sly:

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm 30 already and I might have to wait til I'm 40 to think about getting a DB9, a 20 year old used one that is :fu:

13. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Laughing now you are so right, felt the same way when I was in Oslo for some work. But the people there are just to die for (so nice and polite even strangers)

Thanks, will meet up with him tomorrow and check it out and make a last test-drive.

Call me then, so we can cruise together [​IMG]
    Lol, better go buy something else then [​IMG]

14. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564236

look and read the article from UK's EVO magazine...
    PDF file included :facepalm: obviously someone isnt as much as a bimmer enthusiast as he makes himself out to be
    we're not comparing E39 M5 with E63 and RS6...
    when did i say that? i like how you put words in my mouth -__-
    i said comparing with Panamera S (current model)

oh yeah XFR was a typo, it was VXR instead.

15. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Yes it's a model, lol