• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who wants to buy a street legal 4-door missile? They’re really going forward with that stupid wheel?

I can buy the drag strip argument in the if it takes 10 minutes to pre condition no one is just going to do that on road (thank god). Though just for kicks I wonder how good the non launch control number is

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tesla is fudging their 0-60 number by not including rollout. No car can physically do a sub-2 second 0-60 just pushing against the road with tires.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well C&D and MT both do that for their test in general I thought, as long as it’s Apple to Apple (so comparison to other car by same magazine are meaningful) I’m more less fine

brokencycle

Reaction score
I have to say, I really like the look of the new G80. The biggest flaw to me is the radar cruise control box being visible in the grill.

1623987954727.png

It is also huge. The G80 is almost S-Class size and the G70 is almost E-Class size.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got tailgated by one of those on the way home today. My rear window is a bit small, and its front grill filled my entire view

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well C&D and MT both do that for their test in general I thought, as long as it’s Apple to Apple (so comparison to other car by same magazine are meaningful) I’m more less fine

Yes, all the mags do NHRA-style timing, which includes rollout. But once you have rollout, it's not 0-60 anymore: it's more like 5ish-60, depending on the car. Some cars accelerate faster than others in that first foot, so it's not exactly an even comparison.

MT said that the Plaid does 2.28 without rollout. This was also done on that special drag launch surface, which they don't normally use for their other tests, so it's not an apples-apples comparison.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, they just need a owner who is willing to land at certain point, pretty sure it would still do stupid number, though I'm more interested in what if you just floor it number. It's one thing to have launch control take 5 seconds, 10 minutes pre condition just means it's drag strip only more less...

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason Cammisa did a 0-60 in 2.14 with a passenger and probably on a more regular surface and without the crazy battery prep, so no doubt that car is stupid fast.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would be interesting to know if 2.14 the equivalent just smash it or still with pre conditioning

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the beach yesterday and this old school Land Rover parks next to me. I only got to chat with the owner for a few minutes but his story was that it's an ex-Dept of State vehicle that he purchased in Spain at a US Government Auction. Got it for $600. "Yeah, but how much to ship it to the US?" $250 flat to land it in his driveway. Even better, after he purchased it, they notified him that it came with a palette of parts which was included in the shipping. Said he has an extra set of seats, many parts for the engine, switchgear and more. And the roof is apparently LR official but very non-standard + rare; the entire thing is removable so you can just unlatch it and go sans top.

He said it's a diesel and the engine type was pretty well regarded for it's day and used in a lot of vehicles. Said it's easy to work on, virtually no electronics and not uncommon for them to easily do 400k/mi+ with simple maintenance.

All for under $1k to his door. Cool weekend car for excursions + project car for fun, very envious.

20210619_105738_resized.jpg

20210619_105658_resized.jpg

20210619_105722_resized.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a Bronco in some city black/white color combo, thought it was suppose to be bad ass looking vehicle but nop, kind too cute too dorky… guess just like the new defender you can make it look chic if you want to

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought only the Bronco Sport was out. That’s just an Escape.
I’d like to see the real Bronco. Maybe once they Raptor/Warthog it up I’ll get one.

I’ve seen like 5-6 new Defenders. They look really good in some colors. Definitely don’t look like a car I’d off-road. They look like a more “I’m pretending I’m sporty and go off-road but didn’t want a Jeep and Range Rovers are played out”

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good for that guy, but people are on to those things now. Hagerty says the Japanese used car auctions are suddenly ridiculous for those certain cars like GTRs, Supras, LC’s, and in demand cars like the Defender are getting imported to NA not just from the UK, but from any random place in the world where they can be found

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads