• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score

"The interesting thing is that the description in front of the car reveals that the SpaceX package of cold air thrusters is expected to go 0-60 mph in 1.1 seconds!"

so without roll out, 1.3, 1.5?

It has no soul. No manual transmission. No anything. What's the point really?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a gorgeous roadster, but once again Tesla disappoints me with the interior. Maybe the final production model will improve, but it looks fairly bland at the moment. Considering this is a halo car I wish they would have done something special with it other than a large touchscreen.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
has anyone done the large screen "well", the large screen all has to exist now, guess just how you blend in with the rest (and the large screen is always the "center piece", same with the new S class, it's just big, you can't get away with that)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
has anyone done the large screen "well", the large screen all has to exist now, guess just how you blend in with the rest (and the large screen is always the "center piece", same with the new S class, it's just big, you can't get away with that)

I agree. I think the problem with Tesla isn't so much that it uses a touch screen as the centerpiece as it feels like the touch screen is all there is. Their interiors are too sterile for my taste.

Compare this to the Mustang Mach-E and it's apparent Ford at least attempted to do some things interesting outside of the center touch screen.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, something with Tesla's interior design being minimalist in a not so great way, like they forget about it kind of minimalist...

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone done the large screen "well" , the large screen all has to exist now, guess just how you blend in with the rest (and the large screen is always the "center piece", same with the new S class, it's just big, you can't get away with that)
68BB62F9-0C15-4A82-AFE2-318ED7944017.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah the dealership experience. Had to schedule an appointment for a test drive at the local dealership only to sit waiting for 20 mins. Get the test drive and find out they sold out of the trim line I wanted. Getting more in? Nope. Not for a few months. Then went back and forth about what I should do, extend my lease, blah blah blah. Then they were trying really hard to get me to take what they had. I told them I could find another one in the area and they basically told me that I really should just take what they had. Obviously I just left and the whole experience sucked. Went to another dealer and while they also didn't have the trim level I wanted they are getting some in the next few weeks. Picked the color and found that the car was completed 2 days ago.

Much better experience at the second dealer. Shame as the first is only 5 mins from my house. And no, I did not join team Volvo.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to team Porsche. PM for reupholsterer deets.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, have you looked at buying out the lease then selling the car? With the crazy used car market right now, a lot of people are actually making a nice profit doing that.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Neighbor just sold his Hyundai for what he bought it new two years ago. A couple other guys I went riding with today claim they sold their used cars at a profit.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neighbor just sold his Hyundai for what he bought it new two years ago. A couple other guys I went riding with today claim they sold their used cars at a profit.
I'm about to sell this ************* to Vroom for $3200. Maybe I should have negotiated.

1233A918-5926-4E02-AA5C-D56C0CBC3B3A.jpeg

145k miles. Smells like Popeyes and Cook-Out. The windshield has cracked since this photo was taken.

Anyway that's not what I came here to post.

Has anyone had success removing the dealer applied old man pinstripe from their cars? Or having it removed? (thinking "lol self-pinstripe remover" is not a good idea)

Looks like a Miata driver exceeded their competence on the coast road. Can’t tell if the top was down, or shredded in the rollover. Must have been an experience either way …

View attachment 1612294
BTTF.gif

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to sell this ************* to Vroom for $3200. Maybe I should have negotiated.

View attachment 1614605

145k miles. Smells like Popeyes and Cook-Out. The windshield has cracked since this photo was taken.

Anyway that's not what I came here to post.

Has anyone had success removing the dealer applied old man pinstripe from their cars? Or having it removed? (thinking "lol self-pinstripe remover" is not a good idea)

BTTF.gif

For anything applied, it really depends on how long it has been on the car. Buying a 5yr old used car? Leave it on otherwise you will see the ghost pinstripe. New car? The dealer will remove for free usually.

In between, I think removing a pinstripe is straight forward. I'd just watch some youtube videos and go at it for a DIY.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For anything applied, it really depends on how long it has been on the car. Buying a 5yr old used car? Leave it on otherwise you will see the ghost pinstripe. New car? The dealer will remove for free usually.

In between, I think removing a pinstripe is straight forward. I'd just watch some youtube videos and go at it for a DIY.
Car's black and 3 years old. The ghost pinstripe might not be terrible. Maybe I'll try to take a tiny bit off and see what it looks like.

It's weird having a nice car again. I went full ADHD and spent 3 hours detailing it this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads