Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I like a clean car, but there's also something about a car that isn't detailed too perfectly that I appreciate. Idk, I prefer that lived-in, practical look. Cars that look like museum pieces on the streets really don't excite me as much as one that looks daily driven.

2. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

The 98 Trans Am and 63 Ford Falcon I had where both driven daily (well every other day) and they where spotless. No scratches or swirls, just babied them. I would use a foam gun and wash the car after every drive, FYI.

~Kurt

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Yikes. That's pretty obsessive...

4. djh

djh Senior member

So you washed a car every day?

5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Bit of a exaggeration, but nearly. If they got any dust, muck, or contamination. Yes I would wash. But basic wash would take me 20-30 mins... I was 17-19 and the cars where my everything. Now once a week is more then enough. With a good detail every 6-8 monthsincluding clay, polish, and wax. With touch ups on the wax every month or two... Little dirt would not hurt the car and not my ego anymore.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

this reminds me.. i need to detail my car once i get back to dallas!

7. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Sorry will try again...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I just saw a clean facelifted E500 the other day actually. I like those cars too, but a bit long in the tooth. I still like that era of MB design but the interior (especially those molded rubber steering wheels) would kill me. It's not vintage-looking enough to be beautiful, and it's not new enough to be impressive. There is a huge market for those cars here, there are always a lot for sale it seems. There's one for sale like 100 ft from my house actually, a pre-facelift 500E. Also see lots of 300 cars that just got the 500 fenders and front bumper. :eek:

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I knew guys like that in high school. They worshipped their cars.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I was unfortunately the opposite of that, and wrecked everything I was handed the keys to :eek: Some hard lessons...

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

im in san diego for work this week and there aren't as many nice cars as i thought there'd be.

that being said, we just saw an e63 amg pull into street parking as we were walking down the side walk.

i got excited and said how it was a fast car and to 'listen to it rumble!'

my superiors looked at me like i was an idiot lol. they probably thought it was just any other merc.

12. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

what would you do?
    if i decide to pay off my E39 M5 this year , along with all of the student loans..
    then i can get another car - i hate to put miles on my pristine condition E39 M5 because its like my dream car ever since i was in high school... so if i get it, i would retire it into a true weekend driver role, instead of the occasional driver role its taking on right now.
    i think the candidates are preowned M6 (smg), preowned Porsche C2S 997, or save up for a while and try to reach for a preowned aston v8 vantage?

i really like the idea for the SMG on the M6 because my mom and gf (both know how to drive manual but refuses to because they are lazy fools) can drive them when they want to (or the gf can drive it when i am plastered from booze)

13. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

anyway to look at a full history of a car?

looking at purchasing a bimmer... how's the quality on the 2009 or 2010 328i's? (reliability etc.)

also, what am i looking at for maintenance costs?

14. nextstager

nextstager Member

Jesus too rich for my blood in here, does everyone drive a Bmw or Porsche? Flipped through a dozen or so pages didn't see one Japanese import or domestic besides a Viper. Guess I'll contribute with my wkend rice rocket then :slayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

silverstone s2k with spoon hard top?