• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
If we can have a $60 Casio keyboard simulate 400 types of piano why can’t we have an electric car simulate various engines? We do it with video games. Can’t simulate every aspect of NVH, but can simulate torque curves and sound. I’m sure someone is working on it.
This is genius.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suppose it can be on the fly mode change, select the engine you want to emulate...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No trucks or base manual cars? Tacoma?
Boo . . But if you had the money for a 100k car, some lessons in a driving school car would be affordable.
Rental car places don’t really stock manual cars because no one knows how to drive them.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
It makes sense that most of your rental cars are auto.
but i had thought that there would be some manuals.

Still, if you hit up a driving school you can get seat time with a coach to help you.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Driving school you mean help get your license? In the US they will all be auto as well, unless you driving truck?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Driving school you mean help get your license? In the US they will all be auto as well, unless you driving truck?
No, i meant if your license was open but you weren't used to a manuel you could get a few lessons in their car to get better. or, if your license is auto only you could level up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some places that offer private lessons but they're hard to schedule now with C19.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
There are some places that offer private lessons but they're hard to schedule now with C19.
There might be a more performance related driving school near you, which could put you in a shorter line to drive a more fun car?

I haven't noticed a drop in learner cars on the road. even on Sunday nights. The instructor and learner both wear masks, plastic sheet between them. and the windows partly down. Looks dumb, but meh. .
This is the busiest time of the year for job applicants. and they all want to get their license.

Yeah, a driving school must shirley have an option to drive a manuel?

When i got my license, i had the option to choose AT or MT.
Even though my car at the time was automatic i got the MT. So i can drive trucks up to 5-ton now.
Getting the MT allows you to drive AT cars, but not the other way around.
So my wife can't move or drive my car if i buy another MT. Unless she goes for the MT test.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea in Taiwan there is MT and AT license, not in the US, so most don’t know how to drive manual. I think performance driving center are open, not sure how many people are going though. I mean I can definitely work on heel toe...

or I would actually just stall from rolling, hasn’t drive manual since 2001...?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My son’s been battling with his driving school to get the required hours. It now takes 6 months to get 12 driving hours due to COVID. They used to put 3 kids in a car and they all rotated. Now it’s 1:1 with the instructor and car has to be sanitized between users.

I’ve been teaching him to drive stick on my simulator. I yell at him just like we were in a real car.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your simulator has clutch? what's his ring time :p?

?

Surprisingly as a 17 year old he’s quite reckless around the Ring.

I put in a new clutch in my GTI last fall. I want him nowhere near it. Incidentally with 45-50 degree days this week I took it out for the first time in a couple of months. Pot holes suck.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea in Taiwan there is MT and AT license, not in the US, so most don’t know how to drive manual.
I think performance driving center are open, not sure how many people are going though. I mean I can definitely work on heel toe.

or I would actually just stall from rolling, hasn’t drive manual since 2001...?
This is disappointing.

if you stalled a car from a roll i would drop and:crackup:
You know. Bro jokes.
Just imagine the regulars in this thread standing by.
20 years is a long time though.
A group track day would be awesome.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Peak Volvo?

The future of City driving??!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads