1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Rapide?

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Might've been an older db7 based zagato

4. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

signal green or something

is that one of those 911 tuner specials updated with modern mechanicals?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

yeah signal green, aka RS green

6. impolyt_one

There's a post recently on autoblog about some clothing designer who has amassed over 40 of the long nose 911s. After seeing the real deal ones in narrow body like that, I have turned a bit cold on the Singer Porsche. Still like it, but it's conflicting.

7. SField

SField Senior member

I just want to say the Saab I bought for long haul stuff is really, really fun. Terrible shame the car company went under.

I have an SLK AMG I got from my dad which is great but the fucking thing is so impractical.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

What model? Had a 900 turbo years ago, loved the way that car drove.

9. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

possibly a DBR9. a zagato aston would be nearly impossible to see outside of a councours type of show.

here's my baby.
    [​IMG]

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Mansory?

11. impolyt_one

Well, considering the DBR9 is a race car, I think odds are that it was a DB7 Zagato or DB AR1. They are rare, but there are enough of them out there where someone who wants one could get one, I see them on the used market now and then. One or a few belonged to Nic Cage, before he lost all of his stuff to the repo man.

12. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

My bad, I meant DBS. Silly mistake on my part since automotive design is such an integral part of my life.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

14. impolyt_one

the Vanquish is a piece of junk, though it's still so good looking I wouldn't be able to kick it out of bed. I think they cost about 360 or a little bit less than F430 money nowadays.

15. impolyt_one

I saw an Artega GT today; taxi driver took me home some alternate route and I saw the some Japanese matsuri where they were lifting the mikoshi (looks like the Jewish ark) and then finally turning the corner I discovered there has been an Artega dealer right close by all along. Cool looking car. I wish it were cheaper, it's like a nice Cayman/Lotus alternative but costs a bit more.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

err, i don't think going 35 mph at 5-6k RPM for 3 minutes is going to kill a car's engine/transmission.

stop being so dramatic dude.

LOL at that being criminal behavior.

17. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

ya, the vanquish is a piece of junk. it's just so crude compared to the db9 or v8...and it's definitely showing it's age.

nice, what color? there are other m coupe owners here too?! such a joy to drive...

an Artega, huh? i didn't even know they were producing those. the design manager at Fisker, my good friend, is responsible for the design of that car, though Henrik got the credit for it. did they put some decent wheels on that thing yet? the last time i saw it, it was sitting on some really shitty aftermarket wheels.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's the fog lights, headlight and taillights, it makes it look like a very high-end, expensive 90s luxury car.

19. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

Ya, I totally agree with you. Those taillamps are so dated looking! My main issue with the car is the way the rear fender intersects into the bodyside. It's so upright and very non directional-it fights with every line on the car. On top of that, the door shut carrying over the rear fender is very poorly executed. If you look at the one-77, the rear shut is beautifully resolved. It actually determines the intersection of the rear fender.

20. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

you said all the way to the gym at 6-8k and 60 mph (longest first gear you've seen)
    so the gym was 3 minutes away and you could hit 60 mph?

trying to damage rented property is a crime
    it is you being dramatic posting BS that never happened
    car is limited to 6600 and will down shift if held at >6000 for more than 10 seconds

so simmer down skippy and stop the hyperbole