• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

looks like the 360 is the servicing cost sweet spot for modern Ferraris :slayer:

oh, and feel free to send me any forged wheel/tire combos that no longer fit in your living space or garage. i'll happily "store" them for you :happy:

xpress

Reaction score
Not that anyone cares, with all this Ferrari vs Porsche vs Aston nonsense, but...

My list of cars over the last 18 months, accompanied with semi-humorous brackets:

78' Fiat 124 Spyder (Best driving experience... Ever... Not kidding)
BMW 545i (The chix loved the automatic blinds in the rear)
Acura TL (Most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Hated this ****)
Ford Explorer (7 Passenger winter bus)
Audi S5 (for the ghirls)

Trading in the daily-driver Fiat at the BMW dealer for the 5 was pretty funny.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
where is that Ferrari pricelist from? The prices are really reasonable.... but doesn't go over some of the expensive services that are also needed, like belt service on the 360...

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experience Auto owns Ferrari of Long Island. Can't add much else to the date from that. Nice showroom though.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To whoever I was having a discussion the new GS350 with, I got to say by the reviews, I am starting to be impressed. I got to try and test drive one now.

It actually won over the 535i, A6 and M37.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1206_six_cylinder_midsize_luxury_sedans/viewall.html

Remember that E60 535i I mentioned, the one we adored and awarded first place in a February 2010 comparison test? Well, this new Lexus GS 350 F Sport reminds us of that car. A lot. Nimble, balanced, precise, and quick, the GS is a (retired) BMW cloaked in Lexus steel. At 3834 pounds, the GS is the lightest of the four and it feels it -- turn-in is sharp and accurate, and weight transfer, whether lateral or longitudinal, is neutral and composed. The Lexus proved the most entertaining, rewarding, and confidence-inspiring up, down, and along our demanding Malibu road loop. Ultimate driving machine? Oh, yeah.

Lieberman: "Great steering. Balanced, communicative, properly weighted. Just a joy to drive. Neutral without being leaden. Very Mazda-like, in fact. And I say all this having driven the car in Sport instead of Sport Plus." Evans: "This is a Lexus? Really impressed with the handling and confidence in the car. Holds the road much better than expected. Can really fling it at the corners." Martinez: "The Sport Plus algorithm allows for a proper testing of its grip thresholds, and on the loop's tight technical zigzags, it was just right. Only once did any traction control light flash, and, unlike the Infiniti, shifts were clean, fast, and when you wanted them. Also unlike the Infiniti: The Lexus felt way smaller than it was. Like, really smaller."

In driving feel, the Lexus does exactly what you want it to do -- it shrinks around you. Yet, when it comes to pampering, it opens up, inviting you into the richest, most aesthetically pleasing cabin in its class. Lieberman: "Gorgeous interior. Love the metalwork, especially the volume and tune knobs. Feels like they're off my old Marantz Quadradial. Extremely solid and finely made." Martinez: "From the classy analog clock to the soft leather lining the seats, center console, and doors to the near-perfect sport steering wheel and massive and clear multimedia display, this Lexus oozes modern sophistication." Evans: "This is my favorite Lexus interior ever. So refined and stylish. Not boring and not overdone."

Here are some numbers to consider: 0-60 in 5.4 seconds; the quarter mile in 14.0 at 101.0 mph; lateral acceleration of 0.94 g; figure eight of 25.4 seconds at 0.71 g; EPA fuel economy of 19/28; and observed mpg of 18.9. Not first, not last; just right in the sweet spot. Only 60-0 braking, at 110 feet, was behind the curve, but only by 4 feet versus the Audi and BMW. Then there's price. At $58,800 as tested, the GS F Sport, again, sits comfortably in the sweet spot.
OK, now for the whale in the room: the prehistoric fish face. "Predator," "Vader," and "abstract art piece" were some of the other terms thrown around. But as Lieberman summed up: "Please don't let the looks detract you from buying the Lexus GS, because it's without doubt the best car of these four."
So go ahead and trade in that old IS. This GS is a midlife crisis cure-all.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if I wait or move to Japan, will I be able to buy the Toyota version for $40k less?

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche 997 turbo, year 2007. Thiking about trading it in for a Aston Martin DB9, year 2005.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
just saw a DB9 this morning, they still look great after all these years. Get one with the later split-5 spoke rims for sure.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

if I wait or move to Japan, will I be able to buy the Toyota version for $40k less?

My sister in law has a Toyota Soarer, which is the SC430; they made it as the Soarer for a couple years before they introduced Lexus in Japan. Most cars got a clean slate new model intro like the LS, GS, IS, etc, but the SC and the RX330 (Toyota Harrier) were the only ones to get the badge changeover (and price increase, I think) mid model cycle - so you see Toyota and Lexus versions of those running around.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just saw a DB9 this morning, they still look great after all these years. Get one with the later split-5 spoke rims for sure.

They sure do. I like sports car but i'm thinking of a classy one but still little ''sporty'' so DB9 is for sure. And one day in future I will get the DBS that's the dream car!

KurtS90

Reaction score
I am thinking Jags XKR more affordable. But Merc SL 65 and CL 65 are lovely bang for the buck. Even Maserati. I am talking used 5 year old garage queens.

~Kurt

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking Jags XKR more affordable. But Merc SL 65 and CL 65 are lovely bang for the buck. Even Maserati. I am talking used 5 year old garage queens.
~Kurt

I dont like Jaguar and mercedes that much. But Maserati sure do nice cars I like the Quattroporte S and Granturismo S, maybe will try to test-drive those bad boys :)

But my mind is on the DB9 for sure, I drove it and it's amazing!

Last edited:

KurtS90

Reaction score
DB9 is to rich for me, but I do love the car. Hopefully by the time I am 30 I can afford something exotic. Most likely no kids, so very possible.

~Kurt

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB9 is to rich for me, but I do love the car. Hopefully by the time I am 30 I can afford something exotic. Most likely no kids, so very possible.
~Kurt

So we can cruise together, will wait for you ;)!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads