Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

For what it's worth, most M3's I see in New York are are absolutely stock, save for the occasional lowering, which I think is fair enough, and once in awhile rims, which can also be reasonable.

I'm not going to count tints, cause everyone here has them. So yeah, I don't think the M3 scene that Drew is talking about is the same the world over, maybe in small pockets.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

ima put bbs rims on my m3 and see what you guys think :slayer: you can tell me if I'm douching it up :lol:

3. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

If you live in Seattle, mayor McSchwinn's pot holes will kill your fancy rims. I've bent a few, car and cycle.

4. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

5. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

I am driven in a W12 VW Phaeton limo. Ok, not really, but I'm looking for a new set of wheels. My thoughts change from day to day. Here's today's list:

Porsche Cayenne
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara (4 door hardtop)
    Cadillac CTS sports sedan
    Alfa Romeo (whatever large sedan might come to our shores in the future) (not gonna happen, I know)
    Audi A8 - would need to buy used
    Lexus GS - the new sedan for $46k +/-

I have to act like a professional, so the snoot factor has to factor in a bit.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Phaeton is pretty doable within your budget. used, of course, because i don't believe they sell it new no mo

might as well get that one...a marvel of German overengineering

7. username79

username79 Senior member

Very true. It's sad. This currently affects the E46 more than the E9x, but I'm sure the worst is yet to come.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

that's because anyone with $15-20k can get themselves into a 2001-2004 with enough money left over to rice the fuck out of it

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

They were sold in the U.S. for only a few years, but I read that they are coming back in 2014. I drove the Phaeton W12 when it came here in 2004, IIRC, and it blew my socks off.

11. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Looking at Phaetons now. Any word on a used low mileage Bentley or Aston Martin? I bet repair costs and parts would be steep with those cars. I know we have some 1%ers around here, corporate jets and billionaires.

12. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

My stepfather Piper Warrior needs an engine over haul every 2,000 hours at something like $20,000 a pop... I imagine an Aston Martin is far cheaper. I always wondered a V8 Vantage with 6 Speed and 3 petals can't be much. I would guess a bit more then a Vette?

~Kurt

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Astons maintenance cost is actually one of the cheaper ones in it's class in comparison to Ferrari, Lambo or Bentley. It is around the same range as a Porsche, just very sligthly more. For wear and tear, it really depends what breaks down in the car. For Vantages, the most common problem seems to be oil leaks, those tend to be covered by warranty but it cost cost a grand or two to fix at times.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

NYC isn't really a car place man, so that doesn't count. From what I gather on the internets though, there's tons of badly modified cars in the NY area for sure, they definitely apply to the shittily modified BMW camp out there.

You should be safe, but stay away from the red centercaps. I hate those with the passion of the christ.

Pretty mixed list, I'd get the A8, I think you'd stay happy with it for awhile. Get a 2008+ one. Maybe get a separate 'fun' car so that you don't expect the A8 to do everything.

15. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

A8 with maybe a used Boxster S (can be found for relatively little $) for weekend fun sounds like a good combo.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012