• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, on that topic - you can probably get an X5 for under $700 a month. In case you want to show the Subaru guy more stuff :smarmy:

Have an 11a with the Volvo dealership next Saturday (where we got Mrs. Piob's and our SA is still there) and the BMW is right next door. Will hit them up too.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice man

@DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR +1 for the Isuzu. They're super reliable SUVs, the 4x4 is solid, and they're relatively roomy for their size. I really loved my '03 Rodeo and regret selling it. Bought it to have as a beater/outdoor rig and fell in love with it.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Since last night I've been looking into VehiCROSS's heavy. They share the same frame and some components as the other Isuzu trucks we've been discussing. Heavily considering one as the final option. I said before and its true that I've always liked these but just Isuzu as a manufacture never caught my attention. Even with some of their older whips from the 60's (which I want to start learning about). We'll see what my dad says. The lady gave the O.K. and said she diggs them. if there's two other cars in the same boat as these things its the Plymouth Prowler and Chevy SSR imo.

1601167127636.png

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe not SF approved but I bought a used Infinity G37X Coupe. Only has about 75K miles on it. Garage kept. Super clean. I’ve been pretty happy with it so far. Not sure I could have done much better for the price I paid. Goal is to stay away from bank funded car payments and pay cash when I can.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Probably not SF approved but I bought a used Infinity G37X Coupe. Only has about 75K miles on it. Garage kept. Super clean. I’ve been pretty happy with it so far. Not sure I could have done much better for the price I paid. Goal is to stay away from bank funded car payments and pay cash when I can.

Bro, money is cheap, triple leverage, $$$.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not SF approved but I bought a used Infinity G37X Coupe. Only has about 75K miles on it. Garage kept. Super clean. I’ve been pretty happy with it so far. Not sure I could have done much better for the price I paid. Goal is to stay away from bank funded car payments and pay cash when I can.
Bro, money is cheap, triple leverage, $$$.
Seriously... money is so cheap right now. I have 2 car payments right now with interest at like 2% on each.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait. You guys serious? The goal was to pay in cash and not have any kind of car payment. ?‍♂️

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wait. You guys serious? The goal was to pay in cash and not have any kind of car payment. ?‍♂️

I'm not serious about the triple leverage but am serious money is pretty damn cheap. That said what you paid for that car is probably not going to move any needles on your long term wealth so enjoy not having a payment. Just be ready for the same grief I get for paying my house off vs. mortgaging to the hilt and triple leveraging. ;)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not serious about the triple leverage but am serious money is pretty damn cheap. That said what you paid for that car is probably not going to move any needles on your long term wealth so enjoy not having a payment. Just be ready for the same grief I get for paying my house off vs. mortgaging to the hilt and triple leveraging. ;)
You paid your house off?? I recall asking if I should in another thread and you guys said I shouldn’t ?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You paid your house off?? I recall asking if I should in another thread and you guys said I shouldn’t ?

Yeah, late last fall when I left my prior, very long term gig. I had a substantial payout of a deferred comp fund, that had been started back in 08 as part of my employment contract, so it rode all the way up from right after the crash. All taxable so I made the choice to use part of it to do that with. I acknowledge the move probably decreased our long term wealth but wanted a more defensive stance due to making the risky career move. I was not wrong. :(

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Piobaire Congrats on the house being paid off. :thumbs-up:
I'm not one to believe more debt = more wealth. or bouncing money around. What you have is what you have.And what you have is your wealth.

@DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR It's really cool to see you taking an interest in Isuzu.
They are an interesting company who have made some cool cars and 4wd's.
A Vehicross could be a fun project. It would be very different than what most people have. I'd like to see how you modify one.

But me? Isuzu have so many worthy whips. And I'm with @HRoi on this one.
the MU / Amigo is something i'd fux with.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads