STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Proving how out of date I am here, it's like one of those BMW x-something sedans where technically the trunk is open the back but doesn't quite seem that way. Lots of space in the trunk.i had no idea there were two Polestars. That’s a fine looking....crossover? Station wagon?
did they have the Polestar 1 there?
with soy, no foamVolvo. That drink you ordered from the standing up menu on the bar, can't remember it's name. But it was good.
I remember seeing photos of the AM Bulldog when I was a kid. It was even used in a few advertisements.
It seemingly came out of nowhere for me and got really great reviews. And the design is really great - Volvo has really been knocking it out of the park these years.They had the Polestar 1 there, yes. Not sure what to think of it. Only 150/yr coming to the US. I think it's just meant to be something a bit bonkers before the civilian models roll out, and indeed it's pretty much a head scratcher.
This is a good read. Whatever happened to Giugiaro and why don’t I see them designing cars anymore? I know Giorgetto must be in his 80’s now and maybe that’s why - but afaik the Italdesign company is still active...I remember seeing photos of the AM Bulldog when I was a kid. It was even used in a few advertisements.
View attachment 1462460
The Bulldog is bold, but I'm not sure I'd say it's good looking. It's designer, William Towns, designed fewer cars than the man behind the Delorean design. Mr. Towns's two best known designs are probably the 1968 Aston Martin DBS and the 1976 Lagonda...which are both love'm or hate'm types of designs.
View attachment 1462472
View attachment 1462473
I think the Delorean is a better looking car (although it's terrible in terms of performance). Then again, the guy who designed the Delorean, Giorgetto Giugiaro, is one of the most famous automobile designers of all time and has given us designs such as the DeTomaso Mangusta, Maserati Ghibli, Maserati Boomerang show car, the original Lotus Esprit, Maserati Bora, Maserati Merak, the BMW M1 etc.
View attachment 1462461
View attachment 1462462
View attachment 1462463
View attachment 1462464
View attachment 1462469
The I8 is distinctive. I think it will take many more years to decide if it real aged as well as the original M1. I think the M1 is a far better looking car (but I realize that is subjective). Not to mention, although the NSX is credited with showing that one can make comfortable and reliable supercars...BMW did that first with their M1. If you read reviews of the day, it was about as quick as a Ferrari 512 Boxer or Lamborghini Countach, but far more comfortable, easier to drive, and probably easier to maintain. I don't think it got as much credit for that, as it was never officially exported to the US by BMW. The few that are here were gray market cars that were federalized (although, now due to age that isn't necessary if someone wanted to import one).I'm probably minority, I would say BMW i8 looks good and aged well in the way M1 did...
I'd take the Aston over the Delorean for its performance...but the Delorean is better looking.Still would take the Aston over the DMC.
Because the Aston is what the DMC wishes it was.
And it's bonkers.
Both look super 80's "Futuristic".
BMW 850 has aged the best though.
Mr. Giugiaro is in his 80's and is no longer associated with Italdesign. It was acquired by Audi a few years ago (90% in 2010 and then the remaining 10% 4 or 5 years ago). It should also be noted that aside from his designing cars like Masers, Alfas, Lotus, DeTomasos, an occasional Aston or Ferrari when he worked for other companies, he also designed cars that had a broader appeal and that were affordable such as the first generation VW Golf/Rabit in the 1970s, the first gen VW Jetta in the late 70s, the Fiat Panda and a host of other cars. In addition, he got into designing other things such as cameras for Nikon, trains, coffee makers etc. He did design an electric concept car for his 80th birthday, and it was named after his mother, but it isn't a sports car. It looks like something in between an SUV and a sedan (see below).This is a good read. Whatever happened to Giugiaro and why don’t I see them designing cars anymore? I know Giorgetto must be in his 80’s now and maybe that’s why - but afaik the Italdesign company is still active...
this is particularly weird given that the major companieshe designed for - Alfa, BMW, Maser - haven’t made great designs these days.