• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't buy cars. ;)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drove an Outback Touring this morning. My biggest knock is the turbo lag. Pros are good visibility, comfy seats, like the cockpit (TWSS!) and the pricing.
Ugh, and you gotta go all of the way up to the touring model to get the non-cheesy roof rails.

I want to be able to mount t-slot accessories and you can't do that with the flimsy integrated crossbar that comes on lower trims.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not positive if I shared this yet. This man’s enthusiasm, passion and commitment is one to be seriously revered.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
ok, so drove the Polestar 2 around Manhattan.

Overall thought: it's great.

highs: it's a blast to drive. It's also easy to drive and everything makes total sense. Somebody in this thread noted that electric cars are just different in the way they drive, and this was the case. Since I already drive an XC90, I was able to see more of the tech than a total Volvo/Polestar noob since I knew where and what some of the bells and whistles were, and this car feels plenty advanced in the tech space without me thinking "wonder how long that takes to break". The motor braking took no time to get used to and it worked well. I can't comment on a Tesla interior, but this interior was on par with what I see from the R-Design trims on the standard Volvo cars, both in build quality and in design. In person it does look great too. Speed was very apparent and the steering feel was excellent when set to 'firm'. The car felt substantial, which it is, but the powertrain felt capable to handle the weight. Body did not roll around like a boat.

lows: must get the leather interior. The "vegan" offering just feels like crappy cloth and totally dilutes the feeling of the otherwise great interior.

It's a great car for $60K, the electric part is just adding to the argument. Plenty of space and utility, plus it'll pin you back with instant torque should you want to wake yourself up a bit.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
My fathers '91 525 E34 ''Betsy''. And my moms Millenia. Pic was taken in 03, 04. My pops was a Mazda technician from 91 - 07.

20200918_150716.jpg

Last edited:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
My Grandfathers SN95 That he's had since 07 (i think). I took this at my dads shop today. He had it on the lift yesterday and it needs new exhaust hangers . Imagine a 80 year old tall Jamaican man with white dreads down his back and chinky eyes due to all the bud he smoked throughout his lifetime being the driver.

View attachment 1461810
OG's are great.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spotted this lovely yesterday while shopping. Had to stop and admire it for a little while. The rear diffuser and stabilizers are a bit much and I’m not a huge proprietor of the color, but seeing a brand new one isn’t very common in my travels

0DF1C1F9-98A6-46D8-8EED-C729383F9002.jpeg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had no ide
ok, so drove the Polestar 2 around Manhattan.

Overall thought: it's great.

highs: it's a blast to drive. It's also easy to drive and everything makes total sense. Somebody in this thread noted that electric cars are just different in the way they drive, and this was the case. Since I already drive an XC90, I was able to see more of the tech than a total Volvo/Polestar noob since I knew where and what some of the bells and whistles were, and this car feels plenty advanced in the tech space without me thinking "wonder how long that takes to break". The motor braking took no time to get used to and it worked well. I can't comment on a Tesla interior, but this interior was on par with what I see from the R-Design trims on the standard Volvo cars, both in build quality and in design. In person it does look great too. Speed was very apparent and the steering feel was excellent when set to 'firm'. The car felt substantial, which it is, but the powertrain felt capable to handle the weight. Body did not roll around like a boat.

lows: must get the leather interior. The "vegan" offering just feels like crappy cloth and totally dilutes the feeling of the otherwise great interior.

It's a great car for $60K, the electric part is just adding to the argument. Plenty of space and utility, plus it'll pin you back with instant torque should you want to wake yourself up a bit.
i had no idea there were two Polestars. That’s a fine looking....crossover? Station wagon?

did they have the Polestar 1 there?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Volvo. That drink you ordered from the standing up menu on the bar, can't remember it's name. But it was good.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's