Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I exclusively use National for the emerald aisle and i've never seen a luxury car. I've seen some Genesis sedans but that's about it.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Welcome to LA, you guys don't have luxury car rental companies? LOL

I'd fuck with a G wagon, shit is so pimp.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

they have a bunch in Miami too, but they're all as shady as fuck. I'm kinda hoping this one was a legit, national company

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

5. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/editors_notebook/0904_2009_mercedes_benz_g550/viewall.html

Note, this is just for the G550 not for the upcoming (rumored) G65.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The G-Series is in dire need of an interior facelift. It's the only thing I don't like from it, too outdated for my taste.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It's from midway car rental, just random one I found servicing LAX that had good reviews all around. I pay less on the 650 than I would on something American and not total econobox if it were from a big company. I have to rent a Fusion the day after tomorrow in St Louis, nothing but American cars out there in the middle. Frankly I had hoped going in today that they'd not have the C250 and throw me the keys to a 328i instead, but thu had this new 650, just a little more and I'm getting it for like a fifth of what they normally rent it at, so for two days - whateva. Its a pretty nice car but now I know for sure I don't want to drive one in Tokyo. It's a bathtub on wheels and the blind spots are atrocious.

8. Prince of Talisker

Prince of Talisker Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

They're just appealing to the Arab and Japanese ballers with that one. In Tokyo you see black G-wagens parked next to more black G-wagens, most are G500's from a few years ago but there's a lot of G55's too - if they make the 65 and it comes with an exclusive aerokit, the Japanese will go crazy for it.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Doesn't all the regular rental companies have high end cars, they do in europe.

The 55 is more like a rocket, you can't control, you just point and shoot, so a 63 or 65 would be crazy.

The 55's are everywhere in Dubai etc., so the profit is just waiting to be made.

11. sebastian089

sebastian089 Member

They don't depreciate. AT ALL. At least in Europe, 20 year old bangers are still 5 figures. Due to the almost non-existant exterior changes during its 30yr production run only experts can distinguish an old one from a new one. You'll be ballin for the rest of your life.
    Would take a G55 over every other performance SUV. Car is badass, fast, fun, lots of baller street cred while still somewhat understated in the old money sense.

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I like the way you travel. :nodding:

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I never like them for the baller crap. But as a luxury off roader. My family always had on 4x4 around. Range Rover Classic for years till it was stolen, Jeep Wrangler, Hummer H2 traded less then a year for Land Cruiser that my parents still drive till this day. But the G-Wagon to my understanding is still built on a frame with a separate aluminum body. Solid axles with none of that fancy electroquaticdualsuperpump suspensions. Yes you still have leather seats with Nav. But never could get my finger on the six digit price. I always felt they should be priced between a loader out 4 door Rubicon and a Land Rover Range Rover.

~Kurt

14. suited

suited Senior member

I never understood why people are willing to pay so much extra cash for hp that is simply not capable of being utilized on public roads - especially in an SUV. 90% of them would kill themselves if they tried. Then again, it seems like everyone you counter that owns one is always that statistical exception that "takes my car to the track".

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Let me just say that I've never tracked a car, and probably never will, although I have been a passenger on a track. However, I like to have plenty of torque and horses to accelerate quickly from a stop, to drive swiftly up a mountain without any decrease in speed whatsoever, and to make a split second decision to pass a car without any hesitation or worry about being able to overtake. I'm not a fast driver, but I do tend to have aggressive streaks.