Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I actually think the new E is bigger than the 5, the boot in the estate is 130L, so would be surprised if it isn't as big or bigger, but it does look "less invasive".

From my experince most of the young guys, who haven't got rich parents and have nice cars, have made a priority choice and therefore don't go to clubs/drink etc. in order to afford the car and "lifestyle".

2. epb

epb Senior member

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd live on ramen noodles (have to try those someday, actually) to drive something nice because, well, I didn't. I lived without a car for the first 15 years or so I after I came to Chicago. It's just that once finances and circumstances warranted, rather moving to a much nicer place, I bought a 911. Part of living in a city where you don't need a car is that when you get one, it needn't be practical. No need for a 4-seater to haul a bunch of people going out for the evening since we can just hail a cab and not worry about driving, where to park, who can drink or not, etc.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

who cares how dude got the car or where he lives.. maybe it was a gift, maybe hes waiting for house prices to drop to buy something and is renting for the time being. there are an infinite number of possibilities, why bother?

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

head south on i35. tons of them patrol river oaks fueled by oil money

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Aiite, just bought $10 worth of MegaMil lotto tickets, time to win and get a 458 Italia & DBS!!! :D

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I test drove a 335is yesterday and it wasn't as fast as I remembered. The first time I test drove it was last summer before I had my ZHP and I thought it was ridiculously fast back then. But now that I'm used to the ZHP, it didn't feel as fast. Granted, it's supposed to have 370 ft/lbs of torque for 7 seconds, but it certainly didn't feel like it. And it's not like my ZHP is ridiculously fast either; it only has around 207 ft/lbs of torque I think.

7. oneeightyseven

toss me a rolls? fuck it, ill settle for a mas gt

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If I wear to share the wealth, it'll be free ToJ for everyone. :slayer:

9. sns23

sns23 Senior member

Sound like pretty poor international students. International students over here drive Maseratis, Aston Martins, and M3's, S Classes etc.

10. oneeightyseven

the stupidity of your post is mindblowing

11. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I'd settle for a Hyundai with a stick and A/C, plus years worth of insuarnce... If I win the Lottery personally I am buying a Lotus Elise and a Audi A3 TDI.

~Kurt

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The MegaMil is at $540mil right now. Those two will definitely be out of my cars to cop list. :lol:

13. oneeightyseven

ps, rfx, in that case i want an all blacked out dr ( gdl knows the one)

14. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Hmm, if that's the case... Lotus Elise, Audi A3 TDI, Maserati GT Convertible, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Probably a few motorbikes. I would buy a small sport airplane that's for sure. IDK, I like cars allot. But if I had one vehicle for every need I would be happy. I would like to have a few nice luxury apartment/condos for income into the feature.. At 21 I could probably spend through it easily through out my life. So I would try to be consertive. Would be nice to never work and just travel/shop! luxury watches and suits are not cheap...

~Kurt

15. phreak

phreak Senior member

Got pics of the ZHP GreenFrog?