Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

naa, i live in toronto.

2. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I just drove both an Audi A/S5 Convertibles. Wow, I really enjoyed those cars. The trunks are surpisly large with the top down. The base radio is not that great but the Bang something for $850 option is a must have. As much of a performance convertible guy I am. I would probably buy the A5 with some toys over a base S5. The A5 was silky smooth and acceraled fairly well. But it also can handle just as good as the S5 if staying within the law.

~Kurt

3. oneeightyseven

haven't driven an S5, but from what I've heard it's the opposite. People always tell me that S5 is the way to go simply because the A5 is underpowered. I drove the A5 and it wasn't grossly underpowered, but it didn't push you back into your seat either.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The Bang & Olufsen sound system that Audi uses is indeed a must have. It's amazing.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

5. oneeightyseven

I would argue that it is the best of the upgraded sound systems of its class (definitely much better than the lincoln one..even the Infiniti)

6. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

When I test drove them, it was the typical 3 miles in traffic... The S5 did pull allot harder, V6 Supercharged. I did get it up to about 65 behind the lot and slammed on the brakes (nice brakes). But every corner and turn at intersections, I would not touch the brakes and the cars just felt solid. From the quick test drive and impression I had was save the money. A5 is more then enough for traffic with occasional beach or interstate drive.

I was really impressed with trunk size, comfort, driving position, and the AC seats worked well. I just wish I could afford it... Friend of mine dragged me in to look at a Q7 and I could not get my eyes off the A5 Convertibles.

~Kurt

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I was at the Audi dealership last weekend. Talked to a salesman about the A8 and S8 but looked at some other cars on the lot, too. Audi's craftsmanship on their interiors is superb. I left impressed.

8. epb

epb Senior member

Some pics of the latest acquisition. I couldn't find the memory stick for my camera, so these were taken with my iPad3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. oneeightyseven

how would you say the Audi stacked up to Benz (IIRC you currently have a Benz) ?

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The S8 won't arrive until late summer, so I didn't do any test drives. However, the fit and finish and the technology on the A8 are far superior to Benz.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'd really like to see some of the Audi LED headlights in action.

12. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

as I posted a few pages ago, the new S8 is at the top of the list. the new m5 a not so close second

[​IMG]

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

They're pretty impressive, I saw the ones on the new A6 driving around at dusk - they make that car (with all the other aesthetic options of course - S-line kit, the ground-finish 2-tone rims, etc) look great, truly futuristic. I can't believe I like an A6 that much, but I do. I think I'll stick to admiring them on the street though, wouldn't want to own something that big unless it had big power too.

FWIW, Hyundai makes a clustered LED headlamp for the Genesis sedan and it was pretty impressive the first time I saw it too. I guess LED's are a nice way to dress these cars up. There will be good and bad versions but I think the A6 ends up pretty good looking.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Top of my list, too. I'm not sold on the M5 though it does look pretty good.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not an M5 fan but even this review makes me want to drive it.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012