• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1343238
tested the taycan, and none of the evs are for me at the moment. Had a Reva (gwiz ? In uk) 15y ago, and I could have fun with it. Fishtailing on snow etc. None of the current evs give these kind of emotions. Love my 992c4s though...
The 992 is a great automobile. I want to compare GT3 vs GT3 when the 992 version comes out, but I’m leaning towards declaring it better than the 991. Maybe not peak 911 since I’m still partial to the old lightweight analog stuff, but base vs base I found it to be better than it’s predecessor. The only thing I hate about it is the little Braun shifter, but that’s easily solvable by going manual

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My one criticism of the 992, aside from the stubby shifter you mention is the 3rd brake light. I just don't care for how it is integrated into the vent/rear spoiler. I'd rather have it up in the back window and have it be less intrusive to the overall design. Overall, I like the exterior and interior more than that of the 991.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My one criticism of the 992, aside from the stubby shifter you mention is the 3rd brake light. I just don't care for how it is integrated into the vent/rear spoiler. I'd rather have it up in the back window and have it be less intrusive to the overall design. Overall, I like the exterior and interior more than that of the 991.
I thought i wouldn’t like it either. Because from the back it looks just like a ‘pause’ button. But i realized, that actually makes sense because when it lights up, that means the car is ‘pausing’. And if you’re following it, you should ‘pause’ too :laugh:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
So i pull into a 7/11 to answer my phone. it's the wife. Dinner? -Steak. nice.
anyway, as i pull in. there is a 4-Door R33 GTSt. and it gave me the feels. I miss my Skyline. so in typical "Enthusiast" fashion. i try to peel out using the same inputs as i would have before.
only now? In a lightly iced Parking lot?
The Twin Turbo Legacy just drops a sitter. melts the ice, Tires Squeal, and i am doing a 4 wheel burnout. then ease off. to roll out.
and perhaps i am no longer the one questioning choices.

How I picture TV:

rollin.gif

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 992 is certainly growing on me. Stubby shifter aside, they absolutely nailed the interior and it makes the 991 interior feel archaic in comparison. Still not 100% sold on the exterior, but I've learned over the years to reserve judgement until a model is released in my preferred trim (in this case, GT3/GT3RS).

With that said, I have relatively low expectations for the 992 GT cars (at least the GT3; I have a feeling the GT3RS is going to have active aero) and I will likely pass on my 992 GT3 allocation.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my old gal and her new upgrades.

363c2938-8d67-4f3f-8cc4-46b68cf0a4f1.jpeg

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But...why??
I bought the Boxster S a few months ago, and my wife suggested that maybe it was a bit pointless to own two black German convertibles. So dat ZHP has gone to live with a friend and his family, who are thrilled to have it. It's sort of like having a beloved pet (that you can't keep anymore) go to live on a farm with plenty of room to run and play (except without the part where the pet was really euthanized but you can't tell the kids).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I read the study so you don't have to. The mean estimated cost of the yielding cars was $6K (N = 129, SD = 4.7) and the mean estimated cost of the non-yielding cars was $8K (N = 332, SD = 6.5). I feel like this tells us more about the neighborhood observed than the putative behavior of Porsche etc. drivers?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You know what BMWs* and hemorrhoids have in common, right?

Only assholes get them.

* substitute with Mercedes as needed

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well a $8k BMW is a clapped out 20 year old e46 so maybe the drivers wanted to yield but their brakes were too shot to let them...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The 992 is a great automobile. I want to compare GT3 vs GT3 when the 992 version comes out, but I’m leaning towards declaring it better than the 991. Maybe not peak 911 since I’m still partial to the old lightweight analog stuff, but base vs base I found it to be better than it’s predecessor. The only thing I hate about it is the little Braun shifter, but that’s easily solvable by going manual

But the 991 weighs less than the 997 and the 992 weighs more than the 991 . . .

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But the 991 weighs less than the 997 and the 992 weighs more than the 991 . . .
If you were honing in on the ‘lightweight’ part of my post, I had the old 2500-ish lb air-cooleds in mind when i wrote that...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads